Brewing this weekend!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Rich! :mug:

I'm not brewing this weekend, I'll be down at Hair of the Dog Brewing in Portland. I need to keg and transfer a few batches when I get back on Sunday though.

I'll be brewing for the first time since May as well! Tomorrow I'm making Ed's Pale Ale with Centennial.

None for me, I brewed last weekend and probably will be next. Now that the weather has cooled, I am trying to every other weekend.

I'm planning to brew a Scottish 90/- today, and it looks like I'll make it my first partial-mash. I'm worried that my starter never took off though as there's no pressure in the vessel at all. Guess I need to grab some dry yeast...
Wish me luck!

Well, it's about time! Being out of homebrew should be against the rules for a homebrewer.

I'm not brewing this weekend, but hopefully my order will come from AHS by Tuesday so I can brew Wednesday. I have some washed pacific ale yeast just waiting for me.

I've managed to work out a schedule that lets me brew every weekend, have time for my sub-hobby of yeast culturing, getting paid and placing another order to repeat the cycle.

If I stick to beers, I've even got enough Better Bottles to see the whole thing through.

I'm fast approaching brewing Zen...

Up this week, a Blue Moon clone for SWMBO.

the_bird said:
Yankee Ingenuity V, baby!

Damn, you boys are worse slackers than I am!

I couldn't brew since the ground water was too warm. My last batch wouldn't get below 80F. I don't have a pre-chiller so I had to postpone brewing until it cooled off. I did manage to make some Apfelwein.

Like Beerrific, I brewed last weekend and likely next. I will be bottling a couple wines today or tomorrow, however. Cherry and Red Raspberry.

Boiling my Chocolate Oatmeal Stout as I type. Transfered my porter on top of some oak cubes that have been soaking in Makers Mark for a week and some Pure Vanilla Extract, then I need to keg 10 gals of Wizard IPA.. I love the weekends!!!!!

Did 10-gallons (Northern Brewer Blonde) last nite after work.

Just packaged up some brews for a certain "event".

Kegged up my oatmeal stout.

Bottled some of my Belgian Wit and Nierra Sevada to go to competition.

And....now I'm settling it to watch the rest of the MIZZOU game and start some serious "sampling".

For the first time since mid April I am not brewing this weekend. Next weekend I am planning on getting and modifying a cooler to a MLT. Last weekend I bought a turkey fryer and found a big cajun propane cook stove in some guys garbage. Next batch will be all grain. This weekend I am just going to empty some bottles. :drunk:

I'll be making Jamil's Oatmeal Stout tomorrow. I wasn't going to brew since I'm a bit under the weather and have a lot to do around the house. Then I remembered it was a long weekend because of the holiday and just knew I had to brew something. Plus it may be the last chance I get before the end of the year. Stupid holidays!

No brewing here... Tomorrow we're transferring some around but no brewing. We went to beerfest today and did some serious sampling - even though neither of us caught more than a buzz... :(

Melana said:
No brewing here... Tomorrow we're transferring some around but no brewing. We went to beerfest today and did some serious sampling - even though neither of us caught more than a buzz... :(
Yer gettin hard core there Melana... :D

Brewed up a back of CCA last night! I'll prob start an apfelwein and bottle that magic hat clone that's been sitting around for forever!

Brewing as we speak (before the football starts). Biermunchie's Newcastle clone...:) A little tired, watched the fight last night - two real tough cats there. An excellent fight.

I'll be brewing another batch of session ale today. Gotta stop by the hardware store and pick up a new faucet adapter. The last one accidentally got dropped down the garbage disposal... :(

Bottling my bitter (can't seem to keep enough of this on hand) and rebrewing my stout - need to drop the mash temp a smidge and dry it out a little more.

GT

It took awhile, but I finally got my household chores done (damn, I hate cleaning the pool filter) and it's brew time!

Currently sparging a batch of my ESB. Switched it up a little this time, and substituted maris otter for the 3lb of 2 row base malt. I also had to make some very slight last minute hop adjustments, as I was a touch low on Tettnang. It'll be interesting to see what the differences are.

Today I'm brewing outside for the first time. Hopefully it will go a lot faster than my usual kitchen routine.

orfy said:
Well it's -3°C out side. That's the fastest chill I've ever done.
It's draining into the ferment and I'm ready for bed. I'm up in 6 hours.

So what, that's like warm, right?:D

It's quite pleasant actually if you are wrapped up.
No wind or rain, that makes all the difference.

Anyway, the blow off tube is on the Goblin. I reckon this is probably about batch 20 of the stuff.

my efficiency is really sucking at present. I'm putting it down to the warminster malt rather than the Thomas fawcett I normally use.

Just finished up an Old Speckled Hen clone. It was an interesting adventure. I had to make my own invert sugar so I did on the Banjo while the grains were mashing. The sugar gets added late in the boil so it was a bit of an adventure getting the completely solid lump of pure amber sugar out of the pot. I had to put the pot right into the boiling wort to soften it up. The sugar actually cracked when the pot hit the hot wort.

Just the make the day that much better, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers won the Eastern division semi-finals and will go to Toronto to play for the Eastern title. Two more wins and the Grey Cup comes home. It was a great game. Right down to the wire. The Western semi-final is on now and it's turning into quite the battle too. Football and beer. Nice.

Oh, and it got up to 7 Celcuis here today. Not bad for November.

Brewed an AHS Mini Mash Nut Brown. My first beer using a turkey fryer made boiling so much easier.

Didn't make as many mistakes as first time. Took almost 4 hours from start to finish. Timed sanitations a lot better as well

Brewed an all amarillo IPA on Saturday. Lots of experiments involved with the recipe to try to get a more full bodied IPA without losing the American IPA charm. We'll see how it went in a few weeks. =)

-D

Back