O2 Flow Meter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigscience

Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:
I would look into the .5 to 15 LPM unit at $19; http://cgi.ebay.com/PRECISION-MEDIC...571?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf0d40a2b

Your first posting at $53 you could purchase three used Timeter Group model ULO 0-15 LPM items used on ebay at that price.
Good enough for hospital room ER good enough for home brewing.
I got a couple from working on a hospital job they work great.

Thanks for the info. I looked up the Timeter ones and found a good deal and pulled the trigger. I keep seeing the FDA warning language in the ebay listings however:

“FDA Regulation: The sale of this item may be subject to regulation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and state and local regulatory agencies. If so, do not bid on this item unless you are an authorized purchaser. If the item is subject to FDA regulation, I will verify your status as an authorized purchaser of this item before shipping of the item."

Do they seriously verify status?

That's a first on me as i've seen many meters sold in lots of 4 to 10 units for $250 no questions asked, outdated? My friend paid $85 for three 0-15 LPM Timeter units like I mentioned then sold the extra two at $35 each back onto ebay.
They come up take your time and watch ebay should this deal fall thru.

I got 2 0-16s for $10 plus an unknown shipping. I have a liquid bread system that I've been using (red bottle regulator) but also picked up a real O2 regulator. I think I'll make two systems with the flow meters and sell the red bottle one to somebody local, if Jonny Law doesn't raid me first.

So the flow meters arrived today. They are better than I was expecting for $5 each. (although shipping was $16). So now the question is, how do brewers mount these things?

My Timeter O2 meter has a 1/8" FNPT inlet, this needed a reducer and nipple to a regulator for 50 psi oitput.
On medical O2 units having a yoke plus built in regulator for oxygen bottles just the output to a hose, SS tube then stone.

My Timeter O2 meter has a 1/8" FNPT inlet, this needed a reducer and nipple to a regulator for 50 psi oitput.
On medical O2 units having a yoke plus built in regulator for oxygen bottles just the output to a hose, SS tube then stone.

I was wondering if any of you guys can post a picture of how all of this hooks up? I want to measure my LPM but don't really understand how this works. I am using a standard 02 regulator on a portable tank right now. Can I use a LPM flow meter with a portable tank?

Here is what mine looks like on a 20lb tank:

image-561670294.jpg

I have another one of these flow meters that I'm going to use on a Red Bottle setup by just putting 1/8" FPT barbs on the in and out of it. That way I won't have to break out the big guy for starters.

Here is what mine looks like on a 20lb tank:

View attachment 76973

I have another one of these flow meters that I'm going to use on a Red Bottle setup by just putting 1/8" FPT barbs on the in and out of it. That way I won't have to break out the big guy for starters.

If i just want to use a red bottle, what parts do I need? Where should I buy the LPM from?

Thanks for the picture.

Back