Brewers night out - 1/26

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For beers, my first choices are the pils and the alt. But really any of those beers sound good.

For food, I will eat just about anything. Let me know if there is something I can bring. There is a couple good veggie dishes my wife makes and if dessert is wanted I can bring baklava.

I as well have a spare tank and gas T. Also enough picnic taps to drown a horse in beer. I had to stock up for a pig roast last year and probably have 10 floating around.

Glibbidy said:
Presently I have the my Bohemian Pils on tap which will likely kick before the 26th. So please choose three options.

Can you keep a few samples? I would be interested to try this as well.

I want to sample as many different beers as I can since I don't usually get a chance to do so. Especially not home brew.

So far I plan to bring a few bottles of the Alt, the Weizenbock, the Dunkel and the house pale ale. The Alt is on the tail end of its existence and I really have to restrain myself to keep at least 2 bottles.

I'll have to leave around 10:00a on Sunday. As we get closer, we may also want to start talking about car pooling.

Kai

Judging fromtjhe time stap on your reply, you cameup about four hours too late on the Bohemian Pilsener. It kicked at dinner last night.
I'm going to put as much stuff on gas a possible, so we have a nice assortment.
It looks like I'll have the following to offer:
  1. Altbier
  2. One Love Pils- The original SMASHD Lager
  3. Celebration Clone
  4. Pale Ale V3.1
I'll also have a few samples to share out of my secret stash.

I am *so* looking forward to this night out... damn, it's been a LONG week, it's going to be another bear next week, too. I'm happy to report, too, that the APA appears to be a success... :D

Should we be lit before the tour? or will it not matter by the end? Ray seems to know his ****, so sober and attentive might be the wiser(less fun) alternative. I'll be heading from the Seacoast sometime in the late morning/early afternoon. PM me if anyone wants to link up en route. Only caveat is that I want to stop in Keene briefly before trekking onward. Briefly as in lunch or just enough time to grab some growlers.

I'll plan on being the designated driver for the brewery tour Saturday, so we can all ride in my van. :tank:
Vermicous said:
Should we be lit before the tour? .
No time like the present.:drunk:

Growlers, kegs, bottles, are all welcome!

Vermicous said:
Only caveat is that I want to stop in Keene briefly before trekking onward. Briefly as in lunch or just enough time to grab some growlers.

As a foreign traveler, you'll have to explain to me what's there (obviously a brewpub or 2?). I have the better part of a day to make it from Boston and am trying to plan for diversions, ect.

I, unfortunately, will be homebrew-less (but NOT Brew-less, I promise !) Mortified here in Windham ! Just curoius if there is any particular style etc anyone enjoys ..

My kids/neighbors cleaned me out and I am praying to have some ready by the super bowl ..

Fine Effort from AZ! I think I know one of your news anchors out there in Phoenix - Patty Kirkpatrick (Good Morning or Evening) Arizona ... perhaps we can compare notes.. Haven't seen her in person for abt 30 years!

Let's do a press release to the Reformer ("Famous brewer from AZ attends private tour of local brewery hosted by Ray McNeill" )

Ha.

I never watch that channel and I used to know someone on air there.
FWIW
patti_full.jpg

http://www.mysweetconnection.com/womenof3TV/patti_bio.html

Famous?

I was really hoping to grab some Kate the Great from Portsmouth Brewery. No such luck, they sold out when the December Beer Advocate was released. Oh well, I will make it up with something else.

Greatly looking forward to this weekend. I am anticipating some very good beer and some of mine.

So who will be coming from northeastern MA or southestern NH and plans to leave early on Sunday? I could use a ride, but am also fine if it doesn't work out.

Kai

I have some potential bad news. I haven't taken Brenda's temperature on.

We both came home late today to find out our dog had a major freakout and got into the garage. Resulting in:

2216063320_04d08346fe.jpg

2215271753_fb611f9c5d.jpg

Sorry Jay.

I had these (fridge doors) all packed up in a TV box to bring with me. At the very least, these won't be coming out with me.

2216062684_7ecd9da0c6.jpg

I'll keep everyone posted.

DAMN! WTF? I can't even tell what that second picture is...

Well, that's not the end of the world re: the fridge doors. Wife would have killed me if I spent time on a nice cold box before building the bookcases I promised her.

Wow! That's crazy. I hope everything is okay. Do you think you'll still be able to make the trip? I'll have these waiting for you. Six cornies, yeah count'em six cornies full of beer! I'd have one more, but I ran out of space in the fridge.:mug:

capacity_320x240.jpg

I've got another two cornies to bring along, as well... there's also a little Murder In The Red Barn left that I could bring along, if y'all don't mind a few hop floaties (last time I'm using pellet hops for dryhopping :mad:)

Not in jeopardy yet, she was still speaking of the trip as if I were going.

My conscience commands me to ask Brenda if she would feel more comfortable with the dog situation if I canceled my trip.

I'll have that conversation tonight.

That's also barring any new escape attempts today. The frickin dog opened two doors, one of which opens in and the other opens out.

Bring your spare tank and regulator. I have the disconnects handy.

Evan- look for a PM from me re: food
DOAH!
I left the menu at home.

EDIT: Pork Tenderloin is on the menu.

Back