What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And listening to this: Derek Sherinian, with Slash, Billy Idol, and Zakk Wylde - 'In the Summertime' cover. I've always liked watching the video and Slash's cigarette, and enjoy this cover of the song.

Plus, Billy's sneer makes the song a little on the dirty side... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNsBg1KHvMc

I don't know this Derek guy, but Slash, Billy Idol and Zakk all together?? I'm in!

Right after the second CD of The Empire Strikes Back Soundtrack.

I don't know this Derek guy, but Slash, Billy Idol and Zakk all together?? I'm in!

Right after the second CD of The Empire Strikes Back Soundtrack.

Not sure if you heard Slash's solo CD Homercidal. Sounds like you would enjoy it! Slash with a bunch of different artists. My personal fav is "Watch This". Slash + Dave Grohl + Duff = Win!

Not sure if you heard Slash's solo CD Homercidal. Sounds like you would enjoy it! Slash with a bunch of different artists. My personal fav is "Watch This". Slash + Dave Grohl + Duff = Win!

Actually, I have downloaded a copy and it's pretty good! I should go buy it though so I don't feel guilty when I listen to it...

I've been listening to a LOT of Slightly Stoopid lately, along with the usual Long Beach Dub Allstars, Long Beach Shortbus, Pepper, Sublime (not with Rome), and UB40...

That being said, I was turned on to a couple of Great new (new to me) bands recently, "16 Horsepower" and "Deer Tick"

Im listening to the mind numbing music of a computer fan. But as soon as I leave work in a few short minutes Ill be listening to some Zac Brown Band!

You know thats the thing I dig about the Aggrolites, they sound like an old rocksteady Ska/Reggae group from back in the day. I started out with Ska back in the day, these days I listen to a bit more reggae then I do real ska but that might be what happens when you get old lol... Hepcat was always one of my favorites, and Madness and The Specials will always be in my top ten list of all time.

No sports was one of my old favs too lol, Stay rude stay rebel, stay rebel stay SHARP!" I actually had an old Ska radio show on 90.9 WMPG a college radio station called "Stay Rude" that is still on the air today run by my buddy Rob. Friday nights, check it out, you can stream it from the interweb.

Cheers!:mug:

You know thats the thing I dig about the Aggrolites, they sound like an old rocksteady Ska/Reggae group from back in the day. I started out with Ska back in the day, these days I listen to a bit more reggae then I do real ska but that might be what happens when you get old lol... Hepcat was always one of my favorites, and Madness and The Specials will always be in my top ten list of all time.

No sports was one of my old favs too lol, Stay rude stay rebel, stay rebel stay SHARP!" I actually had an old Ska radio show on 90.9 WMPG a college radio station called "Stay Rude" that is still on the air today run by my buddy Rob. Friday nights, check it out, you can stream it from the interweb.

Cheers!:mug:

Hepcat's one of the best third wave bands ever. And the Aggrolites are awesome too.

And I'll have to check that station out.

Hellyeah, band of brothers album. It's like Mudvayne meets Pantera, awesome stuff.

Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue. It wasn't as good as I hoped. I guess I just prefer the short version.

I'm looking for some interesting classical music this morning. Might have to go with the classics; Mozart, Beethoven, that Russian dude...

For me, Mudvayne was all about the LD50 album. The dual kick-peddles on "Dig" as well as lyrics like "let me help you, tie the rope around your neck" really fit in nicely with my angsty college days. LOL.

On the other end of that, pathetically, my very first concert ever was the Toasters with Perfect Thyroid. From there I got into the Aquabats, and I have been a registered Aquacadet for over a decade.

Back