does anyone know where you can get this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alright, bought it this morning. its $133 with shipping. wifes gonna kill me. Ugh I hate ebay though. this was my first time buying from it. Love amazon but just don't trust ebay. have this nervous feeling, just hope i didn't get ripped off. I'll keep it update in case anyones interested if it worked out or not

ps- is that ok that I said wife instead of swmbo?... not to knock the site but I just can't seem to get behind that terminology

The pot should work fine. It is not "extra thick" as it says though. It's slightly thinner than a comparable megapot, and doesn't appear to have the 5 mm aluminum layer at the bottle.

However, it looks the same as the one my friend bought. It does the job. You won't want to lift it when it's full of wort though. You will need to pump out of that thing.

:ban: it came in yesterday :ban:

now I need one more and some fittings and I'll have an almost... like a .70 bbl system

photo.jpg

how would I go about adding a site gauge for this?...

also would the weldless fittings work for this? I'll prob have a friend who's a welder add welded fittings but just out of curiosity/keeping my options open
Just wondering b/c I imagine most of them are used for smaller applications and not sure if they can handle the higher pressure from having a bigger volume of liquid?

Some good sight glass stuff at Bobby's.

From the specs that's a .039 wall. If you go with welded fittings be sure the guy is good. Pretty easy to burn through.

I went weldless with a large washer to spread out the load.

Mine has been holding up well. Its massive. I think its just a little shy of 100qt, but im cool with that anyways.

I have put one fitting in it, I used the dimple and silver solder method. When I pulled the fitting through, the wall split in several places so it required quite a bit of solder. I havent put another fitting in it for fear of the metal splitting irreparably, but who knows.

The manufacturer should have put a ripple near the top to help it keep its shape, it kind of goes out of round (the lid takes some finessing to get on).

Its cheap, its massive, its flimsy.

Mine has been holding up well. Its massive....Its cheap, its massive, its flimsy.

This.

Works great and was so much cheaper than anything else out there. Just don't get to use it as much as I'd like to.

/and yes HHP Texas IS awesome

Latest posts

Back