1 Gal Apfelwein??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpamDog

Reaction score
Hey All,

I know I have heard great things about Edwort's Apfelwein but I don't usually like very dry ciders/wines/meads and if SWMBO doesn't like it there is no way I go thru 5 gal before it goes bad.. Anybody think there is a problem making a 1 gal batch to test it out?? just use 1 gal juice and 2/5 lb dextrose? Think this would work??

SpamDog

Sounds like a plan. It's so simple to make and doesn't take much time, you might reconsider the 5 gallons. You can age it years if you are careful about how you store it.

You also don't have to use the dextrose as this serves only to bump up the ABV. One gallon of juice and a dollar packet of Montrachet yeast and you're into your Apfelwein for less than $5.:mug:

Once you try it you're bound to like it.

sounds like a plan... i may have to make a trip to the LHBS to get the needed items.. now if only it wasn't an hour away.. I don't mind the driving.. It is just hard to make time... tho I do have Wed off.. Hmmm

SpamDog

Back