IPA brewday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

android

Reaction score
brewed up my first IPA today, garage smelled like heaven. a few pics from the afternoon.

the rig heating up strike water
DSC00745.jpg

tried out something new tonight to keep the weight of the water column pulling water out of the HLT without having to crimp the hose and clamp it somewhere between batch sparges. worked awesome.
DSC00746.jpg

mashing
DSC00749.jpg

hops (a mix of centennial, amarillo, and simcoe)
DSC00748.jpg

1st runnings
DSC00750.jpg

don't drop a hop addition cup into the boil kettle when adding the hops... whoops. luckily i got it out, otherwise i would have had a little melted plastic in the IPA.
DSC00752.jpg

fillin up
DSC00753.jpg

looking forward to this beer a lot.

:mug:

I like your Hop addition plan!

I use small containers like that as well, it makes for "drunken brewing" a heck of a lot easier !

-Jason

First IPA with that setup? I would have done it sooner! Looks tasty...:mug:

ya know, i never thought i was much of a fan of hoppy beers... i tend to go through style phases and recently while in minnesota with summit brews abound, i kinda started to dig hoppiness. after getting some avery IPA i knew it was time to make one...

Very cool! I can smell it from here. It smells gloooorious!

Nice rig. How long did it take you to set it up?

Nice rig. How long did it take you to set it up?

as far as gathering components and building the stand? by the time it was all said and done, probably 3 months or so... i brewed without the stand 3 or so times and it was just a PITA, so i decided before any other brews, i'd build the stand and i'm glad i did, the gravity feed and a permanent place for everything makes a big difference IMHO.

Latest posts

Back