Need Help With Black Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okbrewman

Reaction score
any1 know how to make something similar to a sam adams black lager using extract?

:mug: :tank:

Go for a Schwarzbier, they're delicious.

I made one with all Munich extract, a true Schwarzbier has some Pilsner in it as well, but my LHBS didn't supply Pilsner extract. I even used the dry lager yeast and I think it came out great.

I lagered it for about four months, so you're not looking at a beer that has a quick turn around, but it's worth the wait.

heinz57 said:
Go for a Schwarzbier, they're delicious.

I made one with all Munich extract, a true Schwarzbier has some Pilsner in it as well, but my LHBS didn't supply Pilsner extract. I even used the dry lager yeast and I think it came out great.

I lagered it for about four months, so you're not looking at a beer that has a quick turn around, but it's worth the wait.

thx heinz--the 4 months blows but may just have to buy some extra buckets for that batch

Well actually, because I REALLY like this beer, I was thinking of keeping the malt bill the same, but using some ale yeast.

Granted the taste will be different, but I'm hoping it won't be that different.

Just a thought.

gravity man said:
Okbrewman have you ever tryed pasture poodle ale ?
hell yea--good stuff;) ---just got back from the basement btw--I hope my boss understands tommorrow

gravity man said:
what are you getting out of the basement?

another bottle of JDAWGS premium pilsner--last one tho--and that sucker best hurry up and get cold:mug:

Back