Sam Adams latitude 43

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sublevel007

Reaction score
Ok so I just picked this up as my first batch is still brewing. I think it is kind of tasty and a good mouth feel. Also I love the aroma. I'm just getting into this beer thing so what's your thoughts anyone try this yet. I guess it's new for 2013

They've had the Lat-48 for a few years now, although they added Mosaic to the hop schedule for 2013...drinkin one now in fact :) not bad, I used to be a huge SA fan but the last few years it just doesn't have the same appeal to me. Went back to 'em this week cuz the beer budget is tight and a $16/12-er is easier on the wallet than a $14/6-er....or $14 4-pack...jesus green flash is ballsy for that one...but I had to try it as I haven't seen it around here yet.

I remember them doing a deconstructed version of this beer a couple of years ago. Im sure you guys know of it. Instead of the 4 hops mixed they separated them into single hopped beers and gave you 3 of each in a 12pk. I really enjoyed that quite a bit.

Yes I think I'm a fan of it as all 6 empty bottles are sitting on the counter now :)

Ha funny story, I've been calling it latitude 43 and just actually looked at a bottle and its latitude 48, a duh

Its a pretty good IPA deff drinkable and don't have anything bad to say about it. Only had it once actually this year. Went to my moms for sunday dinner. And shes knows i love IPAs. And she had a 6 pack of Lat 48 in the fridge. If i'm going to buy beer i would rather drink Ranger. Seeing its about the same price and taste better IMO. I think new belgium makes Ranger if i'm not mistaken very good if you haven't tried it.

Yes, Ranger IPA is from New Belgium, and that's the beer that got me into IPAs.

I went on a Latitude 48 kick for a little while, but eventually wound back up with Ranger. Besides, the labels come off of the New Belgium bottles so much easier than Sam Adams.

VampireSix said:
Yes, Ranger IPA is from New Belgium, and that's the beer that got me into IPAs.

I went on a Latitude 48 kick for a little while, but eventually wound back up with Ranger. Besides, the labels come off of the New Belgium bottles so much easier than Sam Adams.

Ya the new Belgium labels are some of the easiest to get off I've found new Belgium and dog fish come off every time with no problem.

Back