NFL Draft 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, poor guy has to suffer the South :). Come on he's a Husky and my dawg's have produced some damn fine QB's through the years so have a little faith.

You definitely needed a QB, and locker was at the top of everyones list 18 months ago. Honestly with chris johnson in the backfield he won't have to do much. It's a really good situation for a young QB.

I didn't' even watch this year. But the Free Press said Detroit did pretty good. What difference does it make? Wont' be any football this year anyway.

Could have been worse, they could have selected a QB that had a noodle for an arm BEFORE he had a serious injury and 3 shoulder surgery's.:drunk:

I sure hope I'm proved horribly wrong, and Locker turns out to be a beast... don't see it happening, but I would love to eat crow on that one.

And one thing you can count on with the Lions... nobody's going to be running the ball on them.

Could have been worse, your favorite team could have taken another first round DT (ala Detroit Lions) when there were so many more needs.

I think a Suh and Fairley combination is going to be killer. The Lions already have a good young QB and RB and a stud WR. Now they'll have one of the best young D-Lines.

Yeah, he doesn't look too bad. I've been worried about the OL for years now, but they seemed capable last season. If QB can stay uninjured for more than a few games, we might reach the playoffs this year! (er... maybe next year...)

Yeah, he doesn't look too bad. I've been worried about the OL for years now, but they seemed capable last season. If QB can stay uninjured for more than a few games, we might reach the playoffs this year! (er... maybe next year...)

I can tell you by watching him all year that Fairley was insane good, and as dominate as Suh was the year before. Those two side by side with KVB is going to be crazy good.

I'm an Auburn Alumni... and can tell you first hand, I was sure.... and now wishing, that the Titans had picked him. He's a stud. We are about to find out what an immovable object looks like when it comes to a NFL defensive line in Detroit.

I can tell you by watching him all year that Fairley was insane good, and as dominate as Suh was the year before. Those two side by side with KVB is going to be crazy good.

Can you imagine what Jay Cutler was thinking when he saw that pick?

In the end we have to hurry up and wait. I've seen some of the best college players turn out pretty crappy when they go pro and some pretty low end guys turn out great down the road in the NFL. Locker is pretty good, but he is a little quick to beat feet and run instead of settling down in the pocket...if he can't grow out of that than its gonna be trouble for him.

Back