"superb" burner replacement hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tieflyer

Reaction score
Ok, I purchased a "superb" Professional Cookers one burner model second hand, and this is what I can find on it -
"Powerful, low-pressure burners allow you to boil, steam, deep-fry or stew any meal. Large, cast-iron cooking surface gives complete heat distribution. 1 and 2 burner models available. "

my question is this, anyone know where I can find a replacement hose/regulator for it? it has the old tank hookup on it, and I need to replace the hose so it will attach to the new tanks. anyone have any specs on these burners? btu output etc?

any and all help would be appreciated!

Post a close up pic of the burner. Typically, you can remove the fitting on the burner and replace it with the one on the hose. Usually these are 1/4" NPT x 3/8" flare and often the orifice is integral with this fitting;sometimes there's also a small ball valve also attached. Without a pic, I can only guess. Apparently the original configuration for the burner was "low pressure", however, you can use an adjustable pressure regulator with a high pressure orifice for vastly improved performance. I think that's the same burner that the SQ-14 uses, but need a pic to know for sure.

IMG00814.jpg
[/IMG]
all together
IMG00815.jpg
[/IMG]
unscrewed regulator
IMG00816.jpg
[/IMG]

Can you post a pic of the burner and whatever fitting is attached? There should be an orifice right at the air damper on the burner.

the female end of pic one goes on the burner. I purchased a 3/8 hose type one hose that fit, but it was too short.

Yes, that appears to be a 3/8" male flare fitting. You should be able to buy adapters to get from that to whatever is on the regulator hose that you buy. What was too short? The hose on the new regulator? How long does it need to be? Most regulators come equipped with a 3 ft. hose IIRC, which should be the same length as your old one. My old BBQ has that same type of hose and regulator shown in the first pics.

Yes, that appears to be a 3/8" male flare fitting. You should be able to buy adapters to get from that to whatever is on the regulator hose that you buy. What was too short? The hose on the new regulator? How long does it need to be? Most regulators come equipped with a 3 ft. hose IIRC, which should be the same length as your old one. My old BBQ has that same type of hose and regulator shown in the first pics.

My problem is/was that I was not sure of high/low what pressure the regulator should be so I was trying to see if anyone knew of a regulator hose that could be used with this burner. I have seen purchased a new burner so I guess this is a moot point now. Not sure what to do with the burner now so I will put it aside until I can come across a suitable hose replacement. thanks for your help.

the hose I had bought was only like 18 to 20 inches which I felt was too close to keep the burner to the tank. the old one was around 36" or longer I believe and that was what I was looking for but no local supplier other than home depot and theirs was too short in my opinion.

Check with your local propane and propane accessories dealers for just about anything yopu'd ever want or need to modify a LPG set-up.

Check with your local propane and propane accessories dealers for just about anything yopu'd ever want or need to modify a LPG set-up.

boy do I feel dumb. Now that you say it I should have checked there first. Oh well, live and learn, just bought a new burner last night.

thanks for the update.

Back