Fermenter Size / Wine kit...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is not over kill. I pay $18 for Brew craft 8 gallon fermenters and if you plan on making more wine in future, spend the $18 it will be one of the cheapest thing you end up buying before your done

I respectfully disagree with mmadmikes1. I use a "brew bucket" which will hold about 7G to the rim as a primary for my wine kits and I've never had any problem with it. If you were buying something either way I'd say get the 8G but if you already have a 7G it should work just fine and you can use the money you saved to buy more bottles or some fancy labels or something.

Also- FWIW- My wife and I just bottled that kit not too long ago. It makes a pretty decent finished product. A little sweet for my taste but I'm not a big wine cooler drinker. My wife (who likes wine coolers) loves it.

I have had 6 gallon patches foam over 8 gl fermenters most wines I make will have little head room or oxygen in a 7 gl bucket the yeast needs the oxygen, Being said usually only the dark reds foam up that much. I made the island mist Staw/merlot for Daughter in law and it would be fine in 7 gallon. Still a man can never have to many fermenters or Carboys

Will Fermcap work the same way in wine making as it does for beer? I was planning on fermenting a batch of wine in my 7 gallon Ale Pail.

Back