2014 Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad4sax

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Still have several inches of snow on the ground in central New York. But the hops are peeking out already.:rockin:
This is my Tettnanger. I have 6 other types. 4 of them are already peeking out also.

image.jpg

Terrific. Good luck with this endeavor. I wish I could grow my own, but I'm in Florida. It would take too much work to try and keep up with the pests.

Terrific. Good luck with this endeavor. I wish I could grow my own, but I'm in Florida. It would take too much work to try and keep up with the pests.

Well, some people in Florida seems to be able to grow hops. I saw 2 or 3 threads with the "how to" of those people in Florida. Someone said that it was easier to grow them in open bottom container...less problems for soil pests.

Thread 1

Thread 2 (Southern California)

Still have several inches of snow on the ground in central New York. But the hops are peeking out already.:rockin:
This is my Tettnanger. I have 6 other types. 4 of them are already peeking out also.

I hope to be able to take such a picture soon...we still have a lot of snow here near Montreal.

Just checked after the 2 1/2 inches of snow from last night has melted away. I now have all 8 varieties up and growing. Even my new one this year planted a couple of weeks ago a Galena is growing!
:ban:

Back