Logo creation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you want a custom logo that you can use on a variety of things without losing quality? If so you will need a designer that can give you vector based art. Craigslist would be an ok place to start looking for that. If you just want a pretty looking label, the above links should work.

Thanks for the help ! :mug: I'm wanting to create a logo for my "home" brewery. I went to the vendor list here on the site. There is one place listed but got no response .

BxBrewer said:
Thanks for the help ! :mug: I'm wanting to create a logo for my "home" brewery. I went to the vendor list here on the site. There is one place listed but got no response .

Hey, I used a website called Hatchwise.com. You put up " prize money" and artists compete to win in whatever timeframe you want. I had 12 logos to choose from, picked the one my wife liked.... And received vector images, PDF, and jpg of the art.
It's a low cost way of hiring graphics designers

I got mine done here: http://modblackmoon.narod.ru

Not sure if you're into that sort of thing but I love the outcome. Paid $75 (plus tips) for different versions of this:

BB_clean_xs.png

No problem. I'll pm you his email information. I know they were going on vacation at the end of July and first part of August. I think when I first contacted them it took about a week for them to get back with me.

Hey there - I'm a Graphic Designer (and fellow Home Brewer!) that works a lot with logo work.

Here's the brewery logo & labels I made for our own home brewery & a shirt design mockup because I also own a screen printing press and plan on printing shirts for us and some friends/family.

The white-ish parts at the bottom of the label will be where we write the Brew name & the Date it was bottled. I'm having these printed as vinyl stickers and we'll use whiteboard markers to write on 'em. Wipe off later on and re-use.

Iqe7VmG.jpg

sBqcSFG.jpg

I do a lot of work with people over the Interwebz. If you're interested - send me a PM and we'll talk! I also have a website where you can view more samples of my work that I can provide the link to.

You can check out thestudiopub.com for logo designs. Just send an email from the contact us section to get the ball rolling. I've been an Art Director for over 12 years and can work with you to create a unique logo. I can also send you a link to a more robust portfolio of my work.

Also a designer here. Personally i find logo creation one of the most fulfilling tasks in design.

Whoever you end up going with, make sure that they are actually designing a logo, and not just creating a pretty image for you based on your own personal tastes.

Make sure that they ask probing market orientated questions as part of the briefing process and be wary of any "designers" who do not.

questions that should be asked include:

who is your target market? This should be specific. what age group, what are their interests, how much do they earn, what kind of car do they drive.. etc. What makes them different from other beer consumers the more specific the better.

What is your breweries point of difference? What it is that you do differently, or how are your brewery presented differently from every one else. The essence of this should be packaged and communicated in a way that is immediately related to by your target audience identified in question one.

who are your closest competitors? Who is going to be competing most directly with you for the attention of your target market. These key players need to be identified so that the designer can insure that your logo will stand out when in direct visual competition with them, and to differentiate you from them. This info should inform colour choices, and the visual style of your logo.

If you are serious about launching into brewing as a business venture, I would advise you that it is a good idea to invest in quality design right off the batt.

Proper designers who take market variables into consideration when they put together your logo do charge more then you could spend on a logo competition site, but they will be much more direct in their visual communication, and you will find that this will pay off in the long run as you develop your marketing and branding for your brewery.

Thank you for the responses all. Im just a home brewer who thought it would be neat to have my own logo. Something for websites,logos etc.

I'm ready for a logo too.

BxBrewer, that's a pretty nifty avatar. Is that your logo?

Back