Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TSN is reporting a schedule starting on Tuesday, Jan 15th...Philly at the Jets for the Wpg home opener.

jtkratzer - all in fun, but I'm glad to see you've got an assortment of beer and wine ready to drink. You'll have something nice to cry into when the Jets down the Flyers on the 15th.

GO JETS GO!!!

TSN is reporting a schedule starting on Tuesday, Jan 15th...Philly at the Jets for the Wpg home opener.

jtkratzer - all in fun, but I'm glad to see you've got an assortment of beer and wine ready to drink. You'll have something nice to cry into when the Jets down the Flyers on the 15th.

GO JETS GO!!!

You mean celebrate when the Flyers continue that franchise's history of losing?

To the Boston clowns...any idea on Thomas playing since he got half the year off? Or does he need the whole year? Haven't heard any news on him lately.

Got several texts about a fantasy hockey league already today.

You mean celebrate when the Flyers continue that franchise's history of losing?

To the Boston clowns...any idea on Thomas playing since he got half the year off? Or does he need the whole year? Haven't heard any news on him lately.

Got several texts about a fantasy hockey league already today.

I believe he's done...He wants to spend more time with family and friends...

I didn't think anyone cared about hockey anymore. Until football season is over at least.

First of all, The flyers have practically NOBODY (Boucher), and from left field, I would love to see the Jets (wheres Dino Cicarelli when you need him...) make it to the finals only to lose to the Rangers. And who do the leafs have this year? Mats Sundin? Does he even play hockey anymore?

I'm watching a Bruins/Vancouver repeat game of last year. I friggin hate this team, but still great to watch. Bruins just beating them up. Man, Hockey can't come fast enough..

Shawn Thornton is jawing with a Canuck right before the puck drops. The puck drops and Thorton drops his gloves and helmet, but the guy that said lets go, backs off..They both go to the penalty box, but the Canuck says what did I do...What a puss y..

Call me crazy, but I kept my NHL Gamecenter sub this year. Been watching classic games and recent seasons as part of my withdrawal. I guess I now can catch current season games once they start since I don't have cable, so that's a plus.

Can't wait for hockey to be back on the ice.
Here's to hoping that a ton of bandwagoners also stop buying tickets, after the last lockout I was able to attend nearly 30 games while only paying full price for 1 game most of the others were around 2-6 rows off the ice at $35-65 bucks a seat.

Can't wait for hockey to be back on the ice.
Here's to hoping that a ton of bandwagoners also stop buying tickets, after the last lockout I was able to attend nearly 30 games while only paying full price for 1 game most of the others were around 2-6 rows off the ice at $35-65 bucks a seat.

Unfortunately that is something that would never happen in Toronto. It ain't easy being the centre of the hockey universe.

First of all, The flyers have practically NOBODY (Boucher), and from left field, I would love to see the Jets (wheres Dino Cicarelli when you need him...) make it to the finals only to lose to the Rangers. And who do the leafs have this year? Mats Sundin? Does he even play hockey anymore?

Yeah you're right. Hopefully the Leafs can get a point-per-game player this year who can finish 6th in League scoring. But until then, nothing to get excited about.

At least Datsyuk is smart enough to stay in Russia until the agreement is SIGNED and RATIFIED!

Also, I watched this at work with the sound off. Did the microphone happen to catch the goalie swearing? I've always wanted to learn how to say, "MuthaF@#$r" in Russian!

Funny, there was a kid from Russia who moved to my town when we were in high school He joined our hockey team...

...and we had to teach him to swear in English.

Our coach got so fed up with him trying to say things, but missing the correct English curse by just a little (for instance, referees make s***y calls, not s***ing calls), he had me and another guy Konstantin aside, and teach him how to properly offend people in his second language.

I never thought to ask for reciprocation...never hurts to have "hello, goodbye, beer please, and **** off! as tools in another language. Hmmm. The missed opportunities of youth...

GO JETS GO!!!!

Long ago I seem to remember being excited about signing Suter and Parise to the Wild. Guess those Loooong contracts didn't do the league any good, but at least we can see some puck again. If they go with a 48 game season it should start on Jan 19th, which is coincidentally Hockey Day Minnesota. That has to be a good omen for the Green.

10 year CBA, but either side can opt out after 8. If Bettman is still in charge, we'll do this again in 8 I suppose. Damaging the leaugue image with fans does not seem to be a problem for the commish and owners.

Hockey-centric cities should see a decent return of fans. I wonder about those other 10-15 teams though.

bless yeah, Here Come the 'Hawks!!!! Perfect timing too, most of us 'muricans don't really care about hockey until around this time of year. I do, but I'm not gonna lie, the most important half of the hockey season is after the first Sunday in February.

BlackHawks, hell no. Whats the story with dat?

Speaking of Hawks, are there still plans to realign the league? I know the players shot down the realignment before the CBA expired. Nothing against the fine people of Northwestern Canada, but I would much rather see Minnesota play some of the old rivals like the Hawks, Blues, and Wings. And of course who can forget the Stars.

BlackHawks, hell no. Whats the story with dat?

Speaking of Hawks, are there still plans to realign the league? I know the players shot down the realignment before the CBA expired. Nothing against the fine people of Northwestern Canada, but I would much rather see Minnesota play some of the old rivals like the Hawks, Blues, and Wings. And of course who can forget the Stars.

I grew up in Chicago, lived there off and on as a younger adult, dad always split season tix with a coworker when we were growing up. I haven't heard anything more about the realignment talks, I would love to see an old "Norris" type division, with the three old rivals and of course the expansion Wild. I never did understand how they were in a division with western Canadia, not really fair if you ask me. Now with Winny back with a team, it makes sense to realign some IMO.

Yup. The league will need to realign sooner than later.

When it does, I look forward to a Central Division - Minnesota is a natural rivalry for the Jets.

No sign of realignment in this agreement, though.

Just had to chime in, GO SHARKS! Can't wait for the boys to be back. I just started brewing at the end of the playoffs, so I haven't enjoyed the fruits of my labor while watching the men in teal. BRING IT ON!

Just had to chime in, GO SHARKS! Can't wait for the boys to be back. I just started brewing at the end of the playoffs, so I haven't enjoyed the fruits of my labor while watching the men in teal. BRING IT ON!

I hope they play the Red Wings real soon so I can see my no-good brother cry (he's a Sharks fan for some reason).

And on the 113th day, the Lord spoke. And he said "let there be hockey my sons." And there was much rejoicing.

1st Corinthians 1:06

Glory be to Lord Stanley in the highest!

Let's Go Bruins!

Back