Hallertauer Pellet Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster Mash

Reaction score
A friend dropped off 100lbs on my doorstep. I can't use 100lbs so if anyone wants some I have them vacuum bagged in 1lb bags.

I'm only charging freight for these so $8 a pound flat rate should be fair. PM me if you are interested. Hallertauer Tradition 6%AA.

Monster-You've got mail. I'm tryin' to get thru into your P.M. box and it's full.
Sign me up for a Lb. if any's left. I could put some to good use,can vacuum pac the rest. SAS98M,Shane

Yah, Id like in on that action, but your inbox is full... count me in if you can!

1600 oz of hops!? Holy hell! I'd love an lb for my Kolsches.

I can pay via PayPal, just give me your e-mail addy.

Thanks

I didn't realize the response I would get. I fixed my inbox problem so if you want some send me a PM with your email address and I'll get a Paypal invoice out.

I want to get these out to forum members as cheap as possible so I'll send 1pound for $8 and two pound for $11.

These are hops that were for one of the major breweries, when they have an over run on a lot# of hops my friend is the one that gets the over run and he doesn't brew.

The recipe needs to stay the same at all of the breweries so they can't use the hops if they don't have enough to ship to all of them so I get them..:ban:

Monster Mash said:
I didn't realize the response I would get. I fixed my inbox problem so if you want some send me a PM with your email address and I'll get a Paypal invoice out.

I want to get these out to forum members as cheap as possible so I'll send 1pound for $8 and two pound for $11.

These are hops that were for one of the major breweries, when they have an over run on a lot# of hops my friend is the one that gets the over run and he doesn't brew.

The recipe needs to stay the same at all of the breweries so they can't use the hops if they don't have enough to ship to all of them so I get them..:ban:

I don't really understand this. So say AB is using these and they have some left over after a batch, instead of saving them and ordering more for the next batch they give them away?

Todd said:
I don't really understand this. So say AB is using these and they have some left over after a batch, instead of saving them and ordering more for the next batch they give them away?

They can't just order more because the hops are never the same from lot to lot. It is very important that the hops they send to each brewery are exactly the same. They blend so many hops together that they can change the hops and not change the flavor but the beer from each brewery must be exactly the same.

They used to use bales of whole hops and I had to turn down the offer of bales because I had no way of storing a 300lb block of hops.

The guy I know delivers to a distribution center, sometimes when he delivers they tell him to take away remaining hops from a previous lot.

Willsellout said:
This hop is mainly used in wheat beers and Lagers right?

Dan

Yes, it is a German style hop that really has that european aroma to it. I got some last year and used it a lager which turned out great. These have a higher AA then what I got previously. They are the same as Hallertauer Tradition and if you use Promash it is listed in the hop list.

If anyone is going to the So Cal homebrew fest in Temecula next month I'll have a bunch there I'll be selling cheaper since no freight will be involved.

Monster Mash said:
Yes, it is a German style hop that really has that european aroma to it. I got some last year and used it a lager which turned out great. These have a higher AA then what I got previously. They are the same as Hallertauer Tradition and if you use Promash it is listed in the hop list.

If anyone is going to the So Cal homebrew fest in Temecula next month I'll have a bunch there I'll be selling cheaper since no freight will be involved.

When is that festival? I will be visiting from the 15th through June 4th.

Dan

I'll skip the shipping and just pick it up from you if that's possible. I'll pm you with more info.

I wish I had a choice of hops but Im at the mercy of the mega swill brewery. It seems they mostly use imported european hops.

Sent you the Pay Pal payment, thanks SO MUCH... I use alot of Hallertau

use a lot? I will be using a lot now!

I already got my ingredients for my bells 2 heart IPA clone, just going to use these hallertauer instead of centennial.

Monster, i realize you are at the mercy of the macrobrew, but do they only use pellets or do you sometimes get leaf as well?

Also, can you tell us who the macro is?

These hops are from Budweiser, they are very strict about getting the exact same hops to all of thier breweries.

I want to thank all of you guys for taking these hops, Im practically giving them away at this price for the cost of shipping. I'm just glad they will be going to a good use since there is no way I could use them all.

To keep the costs down I resorted to child labor to get them packed up for shipping...

DSCN3061.jpg

I would order some, but am unsure what shipping and customs be like.

You should try making IPA's and Pale Ales with them. I do that quite often with noble hops.

Now that I've done the math...I realize can get them for $9/lb CAD from a local brew pub here anyway. For some reason they charge an insanely cheap price for them. $0.02 CAD per gram ($.60/ounce). When I move I'm going to have to get my parents to mail me hops! Everywhere else charges more than double that!

Training the kids in the "biz eh?" WHen they get older they can help with the "other" more profitable "operation" in the basement? LOL ;)

Oh, and I want your friends job.

Monster Mash said:
These hops are from Budweiser, they are very strict about getting the exact same hops to all of thier breweries.

I want to thank all of you guys for taking these hops, Im practically giving them away at this price for the cost of shipping. I'm just glad they will be going to a good use since there is no way I could use them all.

To keep the costs down I resorted to child labor to get them packed up for shipping...

DSCN3061.jpg

They sure look well trained, you sure this is all they are packing up?

Cheesefood said:
And they were OK giving up a year's supply of Hops?

100lbs is barely 1 batch for them and its a 5 years supply for me if I brewed with only one hop.

I just got thier leftovers and this doesn't happen often, the last time was 2 years ago and I just got 50lbs. Those all went to club members and raffles.

I just need to distibute them to clear out my freezer thats why Im Im offering them for the cost of freight.

Monster Mash said:
100lbs is barely 1 batch for them and its a 5 years supply for me if I brewed with only one hop.

I just got thier leftovers and this doesn't happen often, the last time was 2 years ago and I just got 50lbs. Those all went to club members and raffles.

I just need to distibute them to clear out my freezer thats why Im Im offering them for the cost of freight.

(I was making funny at Bud's lack of hoppy character)

Just wanted to say a HUGE "thanks" to Monster Mash for the hops. I went to his work on Monday and got 2 lbs. They are great looking, air tight sealed and freezer kept. Can't wait to use them!!!!

Anyone have any good recipes that use a lot of Hallertauer Tradition hops? I think I am going to need to find one (or several) recipes

MA_Brewer said:
Anyone have any good recipes that use a lot of Hallertauer Tradition hops? I think I am going to need to find one (or several) recipes

Make an 80 gallon batch of weizen. :mug: I am planning on making a batch of heffe and then halping out friends who may want to use an oz. or 2.

MA_Brewer said:

Pretty much any German beer and some others ( I think Belgians can use it). Great for hefeweizens which are easy to make.

Monster Mash said:
Yes, it is a German style hop that really has that european aroma to it.

Despite the fact that I am now thinking of a cramped Eurorail car, I'm PM'ing now in hopes these will be available.

Back