Bah humbug...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beninan

Reaction score
I just want to give a shout out to my fellow Scrooge's here. I know your out there!
I'm currently wrapping presents at almost midnight, just so they can be opened later. how awesome....
and there are still more presents to buy....

Had to wait in line for way too long to buy apple juice for a certain something today :)

Had to go to walmart tonight. I just had to laugh at how annoyed people were getting about the line length and wait. No crap buddy! You went to walmart 2 days before Xmas!! What'd you expect?

I hate deployed Christmas. The rest of the Army is on half-day or day on day off and we are on 12 hour shifts 7 days a week and can't get anything done with our rear detachments.

Had to go to walmart tonight. I just had to laugh at how annoyed people were getting about the line length and wait. No crap buddy! You went to walmart 2 days before Xmas!! What'd you expect?

its sad but true.

My restaurant is filled up with reservations for Christmas eve. People get pissed.

Why didnt you reserve a table a week ago?

I was going to start a thread with the same name.

Yesterday my truck blew a head gasket, today I have to work 4AM - 5PM then at 7PM fifteen people are coming over for dinner and to make it worse both kegs kicked last night. Tomorrow will be better because Santa comes tonight.

On the automotive note I got to "I told you so" my ex-wife today. A few years back while I was out of the country she traded my supercharged 00 Mustang GT in for a Chevy Blazer. We were in mid divorce at the time and she stuck me with an 02 GT that she had purchased but was upside down in. Ok, back to my point. She tells me on the phone today that her blazer that was just out of warranty is now running on three cylinders and and the computer has taken a poop. Repair bill 4K. Just about the amount she traded my car in under it's value. The best part is she is in Germany so working on her chevy is looked at as an import.

So it gets even better! My ex-sister-in-law was in the process of marrying a used car salesman at the time so my ex trades my car into his lot. Two weeks later he married the sister, she joined the Army as a dentist and deployed to Iraq. This guy quits his job and decides to be a house husband for a year.

Add my ex-father-in-law into the mix here. He hated me because I was only an E-5 at the time and didn't make enough money for him to think I had any value. My divorce goes through I don't have to deal with that jack hat anymore and he inherits an unemployed son-in-law. He has been fuming about this guy not working for two years!

So they are all meeting for Christmas in Germany today. My ex is telling her dad about the lemon the new son-in-law sold her, he still doesn't have a job and she is going to ask her dad to borrow money to buy the 02 she stuck me with!

THANK YOU LITTLE BABY JESUS!

I just want to give a shout out to my fellow Scrooge's here. I know your out there!
I'm currently wrapping presents at almost midnight, just so they can be opened later. how awesome....
and there are still more presents to buy....

Hey last year I was wrapping presents until 6AM Xmas morning, and the kids woke us up at 720. I think I was still a little drunk.

Yeah. Here I sit working for an oilfield company. 12 hours today. BAH!

I am fuming because I got to work Thanksgiving, now Christmas eve and day, and I get to work New Years eve and day. sigh.

12hr night shifts last couple of days. SWMBO had to put everything together. I'm on auto pilot right now.

Why does Christmas have to be all about kids? It pisses me off. Screw the little bastards. If it weren't for them there would be more pressies for me! All me! Snotty little gits.

You know I was a scrooge for the past two years. I was single and didn't have anyone to really share the joy with,other than family. Plus I was living by myself. This year I have a great girlfriend and my heart is starting to grow again. I still hate shoppers, wrapping presents and the super cheery people but I'm getting better. Merry Christmas everyone and have a safe new year.

For the last 4 years I have worked both Christmas eve and day. So the wife and I decided that she should go see her family in Saskatchewan while I stay here. Well this year I lucked out and did not have to work any holiday, but she is in Saskatchewan anyway because we had already bought the tickets! So bah humbug is definitely the phrase that pays today. Buying plane tickets 6 months in advance just to get a better deal is crap. On the plus side, no wrapping presents, no braving wal-mart or any other hellhole moments before the place closes.

Bah humbug to all and to all a good day! :)

I still hate . . . the super cheery people but I'm getting better.

Damn those cheery people!!!!
angry_man.jpg

Latest posts

Back