Another quick disconnect question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunleav1

Reaction score
I'm building a single tier stand and for now I'm going to use barb hose connections on my keggles. The quick disconnects look like the way to go but that's a lot of cash for disconnects.

I see a lot of guys pics with all stainless components on their keggles except for the brass quick connects.

Why spend all the extra cash on the stainless ball valves and MPT fittings and then kinda go cheap on disconnects?

I'm using nylon garden hose type fittings for all connections. Much cheaper and only slightly less convenient to use. I prefer the nylon as it doesn't retain much heat energy making handling the fittings much easier. As for SS, it's top notch, but other than for the kettles I don't use it. I have no qualms about using brass valves and other fittings and it's a lot less expensive way to go. Stainless is pretty and for some it seems to satisfy a fetish of sorts, but I have a hard time justifying the expense.

I agree with your stainless sentiments. I made a commitment to go stainless and don't see any reason why I would put any brass on my system now. It will take me a lot longer to collect all my parts, but it doesn't make sense to me to use a mix of both. If I was using brass, I would just skip the other stainless stuff.

I'm using nylon garden hose type fittings for all connections. Much cheaper and only slightly less convenient to use. I prefer the nylon as it doesn't retain much heat energy making handling the fittings much easier. As for SS, it's top notch, but other than for the kettles I don't use it. I have no qualms about using brass valves and other fittings and it's a lot less expensive way to go. Stainless is pretty and for some it seems to satisfy a fetish of sorts, but I have a hard time justifying the expense.

What kind of temps are those good to?

I agree with your stainless sentiments. I made a commitment to go stainless and don't see any reason why I would put any brass on my system now. It will take me a lot longer to collect all my parts, but it doesn't make sense to me to use a mix of both. If I was using brass, I would just skip the other stainless stuff.

Yea, I thought I might have been missing something there.

Back