Beer Labelizer - Label Generator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy these are great....just finishing brewing my first homebrew. Paid the $5 without a second thought. Looking forward to see what you add later....wife intrigued with the Jam Labelizer though some of those labels could even work for beer too. Strong work.

Cheers mate. I'm actually working on more colour options at the moment. I'm boosting it from 3 choices per label to 5 colour choices. There has been a fair bit of demand for a feature like that.

I'm a newbie here - love the site, Andy!

I forget the name of the poster, but I especially love the Grand P.A. label! Very clever idea!

B

Cheers mate. I'm actually working on more colour options at the moment. I'm boosting it from 3 choices per label to 5 colour choices. There has been a fair bit of demand for a feature like that.

Hey Andy, what do you think about the label size? I've noticed that the ones that have 6 on a page are about right, but those with 4 on a page are significantly bigger than any commercial beer bottles I have in my collection.

That's a good point. What size bottles are normal to use for home brewing in the USA. Here in NZ we use 750ml and 1300ml. Which are larger than commercial bottles. If you guys are often using smaller bottles. Maybe I should have a bottle size selector on the print page.

That's a good point. What size bottles are normal to use for home brewing in the USA. Here in NZ we use 750ml and 1300ml. Which are larger than commercial bottles. If you guys are often using smaller bottles. Maybe I should have a bottle size selector on the print page.

In the States, almost everyone uses 12 oz bottles. If I am very proud of a batch I might use a 22 oz bottle.

Oh wow. Ok then my label sizes are mostly too big. I'll fix that today. Thanks for letting me know.

Awesome Thanks!

BTW I really want to come to New Zealand in the near future. I'm really into adrenaline inducing activities so NZ looks like a perfect playground for me. (Backcountry, snowboarding, bungee jumps, rafts, rock climbing etc)

As someone who lives there, do you have any suggestions?

I've been listening to your feedback and working on a label resizing feature. I've now finished it, so have a play and let me know what you think. You can resize to any size between a 12oz bottle label and a 44oz label. You just slide the little slider to change size.

http://www.beerlabelizer.com

resizing.jpg

Cheers
Andy

I've been listening to your feedback and working on a label resizing feature. I've now finished it, so have a play and let me know what you think. You can resize to any size between a 12oz bottle label and a 44oz label. You just slide the little slider to change size.

http://www.beerlabelizer.com

resizing.jpg

Cheers
Andy

This awesome. Only thing is I don't have a printer at home. How hard would it be to add a save feature to the page? I'd love to be able to set it up for a bottle size, save to flash drive and print out @ Kinkos or similar.

Smashing said:
This awesome. Only thing is I don't have a printer at home. How hard would it be to add a save feature to the page? I'd love to be able to set it up for a bottle size, save to flash drive and print out @ Kinkos or similar.

I can't do that from the site, but you can already do that. You click the print button. Then when the normal Microsoft Windows print screen comes up you can actually save It as a PDF rather than printing. Hope that helps.

Smashing, you may need to download a free pdf converter like cutepdf. But then, as Andy said, when you click "print" all you need to do is choose the pdf maker option. Then you have a file that is saved to your computer or on a thumb drive and will print pretty much the same way wherever you take it.

Awesome Job! If you put a paypal donation tab on your site, I would use it ;)

Edit: NVM, I just signed up for the premium access. Nice site!

Thanks Andy great site, I've used it for all my beers so far (I label those I bring to my club and give away to friends). Will be gladly paying up for the premium membership.

My local home brew club thought I was a genious graphic artist and started signing me up to create some banners for events :p Had to explain that I lack any artistic talent and explained to them your website. I'm going to set up a link on our club website, hopefully send some more traffic your way.

Glad you and your home brew club like the site. I've just recently added the label resizing which should help people and I'm working on more colour options for each label at the moment.

Good point, you have to go back to the email you got and click on the link again to reset the cookie. Its using Flash cookies which are more persistant than normal cookies. But I do need to convert to a full login system soon. It will make life easier for people. Just got to learn how to do that first.

Good point, you have to go back to the email you got and click on the link again to reset the cookie. Its using Flash cookies which are more persistant than normal cookies. But I do need to convert to a full login system soon. It will make life easier for people. Just got to learn how to do that first.

Does it usually take a few days to get the email?

No it should be instant. Maybe it got caught in your spam filter. If you could email me your email address I'll send you the activation link again.

Thanks for the cool site. I am making beer for a buddies bachelor party and we're gonna make custom labels lampooning him. What a riot!

Question for you: Does your site work by user ID with subscription (i.e. as many labels as I want for a year, for example) or pay for each label as an individual sale? I've got about 20 guys that are likely going to create a unique label or two per guy for the bachelor. I'd like to understand how this works before I turn them loose on your awesome site. Thanks!

So if you print on the Avery 5164 Shipping Labels do you like have to cut around the label or are there custom label sheets that are based around the label shape?

This is awesome. I am going to try one of the free prints tom. and if it works i'll prob. buy the membership. You did a great job on the site and all of the labels. I like how you can even add your own picture. Great idea on this one.

Kevin

Approximately how much is it at Kinkos (or something similar) to print these labels? I do not have access to a color printer.

I like the labels on this site. I like the ability to incorporate pictures. I do find some of the fonts hard to read...but maybe they aren't bad printed.

heavyfeet said:
Thanks for the cool site. I am making beer for a buddies bachelor party and we're gonna make custom labels lampooning him. What a riot!

Question for you: Does your site work by user ID with subscription (i.e. as many labels as I want for a year, for example) or pay for each label as an individual sale? I've got about 20 guys that are likely going to create a unique label or two per guy for the bachelor. I'd like to understand how this works before I turn them loose on your awesome site. Thanks!

It's access to all labels as much as you want forever.

Captainfester said:
any new designs coming? still love the site. worth the small $ everyday of the week

Yeah I am planning new labels just have to find time. I have a full time job and an incoming first baby! The current feature I'm working on is more colour options.

I am willing to wager that if you could somehow guarantee X amount of new label designs every month/year/some regular interval people would be willing to shell out more dough for this. it's great as it is though, just awesome! I am just saying that you could probably actually force people to pay if there was more content. I know I would!

you probably could use the extra dough with the upcoming baby.. nudge nudge

I'd pay double to be able to have more customization, i.e. colors and fonts! I used the free version last month (Thanks!) but I'm on the fence about signing up...
(hint, hint: custom fonts and colors.)
Congrats on the baby on the way too!

I'd pay double to be able to have more customization, i.e. colors and fonts! I used the free version last month (Thanks!) but I'm on the fence about signing up...
(hint, hint: custom fonts and colors.)
Congrats on the baby on the way too!

+1 on all of the above. I wish I had a little more ability to mess with the fonts and colors for starters. And I like to incorporate my own pictures with some. These are all things that could potentially happen over time.

I've got 2 sets of labels printed and I'm about to have a beer and cut them out while watching the most recent episode of BrewingTV. Not a bad afternoon.

BTW, as much as I 2nd all of the requests for more labels (neck labels, too) and more customization, the $5 I paid for access to what you have was well worth it. Thanks.

Back