Tried Bell's Hopslam for the first time...too much for me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q2XL

Reaction score
Bought one bottle of Hopslam and just drank it. At first I liked it a lot. But after a half a glass it was starting to get to be too much for me. I like highly hopped beers but this one is too much for me. Good thing because they are running anywhere from $14.00-$16.00 for a sixer.

I felt the same way about Victory's Hop Wallop. I gotta try that again, I've abused a lot of hops since then...

HopSlam is NOT that hoppy. I feel it's easier to drink than bells 2 hearted. I don't care for very bitter beers much. Hopslam is very hoppy yet not that bitter and it gets you smashed...... (err.. Slammed)

Luckily, I am fortunate enough to drink it on tap... :)

There is no shame in having a small beer.

I doubt you will find many people who honestly prefer the taste of DFH 90 to DFH 60. Or I2PA to Yellow Snow.

Love hopslam but to me it seems that this year there is less malt backing that in the past batches. Beer looks to beer a lighter color and a bit easier to drink. I think most of bell beer have been tamed down over the years. Oberon is not the beer that solsun was Heck Oberon is not the oberon I grew to love. It's not much more that a local blue moon

Any way hop slam is still a good beer in my eyes
also I love dfh 90 and don't care for the 60. The 60 just has an odd taste for me

Yellow snow.....now that is one great beer

Love hopslam but to me it seems that this year there is less malt backing that in the past batches. Beer looks to beer a lighter color and a bit easier to drink. I think most of bell beer have been tamed down over the years. Oberon is not the beer that solsun was Heck Oberon is not the oberon I grew to love. It's not much more that a local blue moon

Any way hop slam is still a good beer in my eyes
also I love dfh 90 and don't care for the 60. The 60 just has an odd taste for me

Yellow snow.....now that is one great beer

I too enjoy hopslam. DFH 60 is what I want when not drinking mine.:rockin:

Back