Deep Six Brewing Co - Phase Two Begins!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beere

Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I'm finally back in the game after 7~8 months hiatus and am started phase two of my brewery... convinced my wife to let me build out a room in the garage specifically for it as I only park my Harley in there. Its not exactly a Brewhut but it'll do...

Here are some before picks:

I plan on building a wall all the way across the garage cutting it in two... right at that concrete pillar in the first photo.
DSC00358.jpg

The door inside the laundry room is the walk-in cooler. To the right of the laundry room is where the two upright freezers containing my new 14 gallon fermenators will go.
DSC00361.jpg

Side door into the kitchen.
DSC00362.jpg

I'm going to finish that exterior wall and install a window A/C (with heat).
DSC00363.jpg

Progress. Got the wall and door framed today. Hope to have it finished either tomorrow or Saturday and have the A/C installed by Sunday latest. My garage is the most unlevel area I've ever worked in... 30+ years of settling will do that I guess. Pretty good for doing it by my lonesome, eh?

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

Looking good! I can't wait till the weekend to get started again on mine. Gotta do it in the morning when it is still cool.

The brew rig looks interesting. Got any more pics? Is it electric?

Awesome!

Any SWMBO tips for how to go about taking over half the garage?

Read Doc Love's articles on www.askmen.com every Thursday. Or buy his expensive book it's aimed mostly at single guys but the techniques work for married men as well. It aint easy and is considerably more difficult if you are married.

WARNING: his techniques only work on women that are clinically sane, highly ethical, flexable, givers & that have a high level of interest in you.

Made some progress... going a little slow by myself. Hoping to get it caulked up and painted tomorrow, then get the damn A/C installed - been muggy as hell in South GA.

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

Looking good, except your forgot some z-bar on your T-111 sheets. (learning the lingo).

I guess you don't need it since it is inside your garage. :D

Ahhh, sweet air conditioning... I've still got to caulk everything, do the trim, and paint - but overall, its finally coming together. I also need to find something to cover the exhaust fan vent when not in use to keep the cold air in.

Notice the fixed drain tube through the wall with a quick disconnect under the wall socket.

DSC00387.jpg

Ahhh, sweet air conditioning... I've still got to caulk everything, do the trim, and paint - but overall, its finally coming together. I also need to find something to cover the exhaust fan vent when not in use to keep the cold air in.

Notice the fixed drain tube through the wall with a quick disconnect under the wall socket.

DSC00387.jpg

Cut a piece of R-Max foam board & run the edges in Velcro. Slap on when needed, peel off when you want to exhaust.

Due to some personal issues, the project got put on hold. However, my wife found this canvas print on clearance for $30. I put a piece of RMax inside it and, viola, the perfect insulated vent cover.

DSC00419.jpg

Very Sweet! You have a lot of jealous folks here that think you suck. :D (not me of course)

It's an awesome setup I hope to replicate in the brewhaus. The milling station looks very nice. More pics please, plans, etc. Do you wheel it outside for milling?

Now it's off to Home Depot for me to buy some romex & a breaker box. It's wiring day at BCBBH.

Very Sweet! You have a lot of jealous folks here that think you suck. :D (not me of course)

It's an awesome setup I hope to replicate in the brewhaus. The milling station looks very nice. More pics please, plans, etc. Do you wheel it outside for milling?

Now it's off to Home Depot for me to buy some romex & a breaker box. It's wiring day at BCBBH.

Thanks - I will now start updating the individual threads with more info on each. The problem is, I don't really do a design for any of this stuff - I just go do it and figure it out as I go.

I didn't take the milling station outside to mill the grain although that is probably a good idea. I have a massive exhaust fan in the wall right next to where I was milling in that video and no noticible dust was really being kicked up.

I have a real problem though - I'm just about out of stuff to build and both fermenters are bubbling away. Its only 10:30 here on the east coast and I'm already bored! About all that is left is a stir motor for the HLT - and the motor hasn't shown up yet. Since I recirculate, I don't want to stir the Mash Tun, so that's out...

I didn't take the milling station outside to mill the grain although that is probably a good idea. I have a massive exhaust fan in the wall right next to where I was milling in that video and no noticible dust was really being kicked up.

That's good. I don't mill & ferment in the same room. I've heard folks have had infection problems when they do that.

I love the fermenter freezers. Have you racked from them yet?

Back