Who wants to get druck next week (Columbus, OH)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Going to be leaving this afternoon, making our way out to visit my sister in Columbus. We should be getting in sometime late afternoon on Monday (pit stop in Buffalo). Ohiobrewtus and I had talked briefly about getting together and downing a few pints, maybe having a bite, maybe Wednesday night. Anyone else want to join us?

Chilli-Willi-Hayze, what you up to?

We'll then be going to Cleveland to get druck with a bunch of good Irish lads (The Wife's family) on Friday, if anyone in Cleveland wants to try and hook up for a bit. Bringing a keg of Irish stout (duh), a keg of ordinary bitter, and whatever else we have room for. Pogues and Dropkick Murpheys on the radio (The Bean LOVES the Pogues :D).

Let me know, I'll basically be incommunicado for a day or two, but will have access again on Monday. Or, touch base with 'Brewtus, maybe he can arrange a gathering.

I'm looking at BJ's on Polaris Wednesday evening about 6 or 6:30. PM me or respond here if you will be attending or if you have any other ideas for a place to meet up. We could also do one of Barley's locations.

We'll then be going to Cleveland to get druck with a bunch of good Irish lads (The Wife's family) on Friday, if anyone in Cleveland wants to try and hook up for a bit.

Great timing :(
I missed Yooper's message looking for some drinking budies in Cleveland and now I'm out of town when the_bird come through.

I hope you have a good time. If you get a chance stop by Great Lakes Brewery and Brew Pub, then hit the Bier Mart (upscale Belgium Beer bar) around the corner.

Sorry I'm going to miss your trip.

Craig

I'll be traveling Tuesday and Wednesday. I might be back in time Wednesday but I'll be beat from the travel and probably wont make it.

ChillHayze is on the West Coast all week working so, obviously, he's out too.

So my trip got over WAY quick and I will be in town tomorrow (Wednesday.) BJs is pretty close and a good place so I can show up.

SWMBOs invited too?

Absolutely on both fronts! Can't wait to meet you!

We want to meet out front? I'll be the scrawny, gangly dork who's clearly going to get carded on his way in.

Absolutely on both fronts! Can't wait to meet you!

We want to meet out front? I'll be the scrawny, gangly dork who's clearly going to get carded on his way in.

So...I should look for Larry "the" Bird? I'm sure I wont miss you! :cross:

6:00 is the time? We'll be there! Can't wait to meet up with some of you doods either!

This would be me, yelling at Hippie. One guess which one of us is "Hippie"!

the_bird_yelling.JPG

I'm the tall guy in the back, and my wife is th eone with the Ohio State shirt on (I'm the second person to the right of her).

DSCF0275.jpg

Well I'm off to meet up with the_bird, SOB and their SWMBO's. I'll try to take some pictures of the drunkedness! :rockin:

Well, that was fun. I'm feeling a little loopy still (sorry, I'm a lightweight), but we both had a blast. I'll post the pic in a little while; I don't think we've got a way of uploading it off the card until we get home.

Good times!

It was fun. My wife and I really enjoyed ourselves and we met some great people. I just wish I would have remembered to bring some homebrews to share. DOH!

Very good time with some very good people! Such a good time SWMBO was drinking beer!!!

Yes, the bringing beer thing would have been a smart idea on my part as well...there's always next time!

Damn I should of seen this one thread earlier, I would of had a few with ya in Buffalo.

Damn I should of seen this one thread earlier, I would of had a few with ya in Buffalo.

We were literally in Buffalo maybe thirteen hours, just crashed at The Wife's grandmother's for the night. But, we'll be back for a wedding later in the month; I think the last weekend of the July. I know there are a few other folks in the area, should we try and plan a get-together some night when we're around?

Yeah lets try and get something together. I think besides myself there is BuffaloSabresBrewer and I think one more from up in the Niagara Falls area. There are a few great bars in the area. Most of the good beer bars are in the city (coles, mr.goodbar) but there are a few in the suburbs in Amherst (Alternative Brews, Buffalo Tap Room(owner is a homebrewer)) wow thats too many parenthesis()((())

Back