Honey Smoked Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StusBrew

Reaction score
I tried doing a recipe search on here. Obviously didn't try too hard!!! About 3 weeks back, went to my LHBS and was shocked! The place is tiny. It's usually me and another person. This day, it was overrun with new people with questions and spending some money!!! I overheard shop owner mentioning filling a $500 order!! (The Gott cooler/all-grain with a bunch of other stuff. I got a little envy that that guy had $500 to spend like that!)
Anyway, 5 or 6 people in there. BSing, questions asked and tried to answer. A lot of excitement. Owner pulled out some of his own homebrew. Did some tastings! He had done a porter and honey smoked pale ale. I was very much liking the smoked honey pale ale. (Still don't know what to call it?!)
Basically looking for anybody who has done something like this. I imagine this guy talked to somebody or he's played around a bit. i do know this guy primarily does extract. Trying to figure out if used honey malt in combination with honey?? Or just honey and then how much honey? Rauchmalt, etc.? How much? I can just go back to the shop next week. just doing some research here. I'd appreciate any insight into how much % of smoked malt and honey, etc.

Back