This is all you guys' fault.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silviakitty

Reaction score
Yup. All your collective fault.

I went to the LHBS store today and got myself a real equipment kit. Yup. I'm officially completely hooked. I also got a Red Ale extract kit, so I get to play with some new things.

I now have a hydrometer!! Finally!

I know it's a relatively pointless post, but I'm pretty excited about my new toys. :ban:

Carry on.

Nicely done! Next step: Brew sculpture! Ok, maybe not, but there will be a next step, there's always a next step (Maniacal laughter here)!! :D

Silviakitty said:
Yup. All your collective fault.

I went to the LHBS store today and got myself a real equipment kit. Yup. I'm officially completely hooked. I also got a Red Ale extract kit, so I get to play with some new things.

I now have a hydrometer!! Finally!

I know it's a relatively pointless post, but I'm pretty excited about my new toys. :ban:

Carry on.

Very cool! Congratulations. It gets addictive fast. I went from extract+steeped grains to partial mash to all grain in three batches. Then things got worse. :D

Chad

Chad said:
I went from extract+steeped grains to partial mash to all grain in three batches. Then things got worse. :D
That's what happens when you move too fast in a relationship. I mean, you went all the way and you barely knew each other. ;)

Thank you. I'll proudly accept my share of the responsibility. Now all you need is kegging equipment, a lagering freezer, all-grain equipment, brewing software, a stir plate for yeast starters, a foodsaver for bulk hops, mill for bulk grains.........are you getting dizzy yet???????????:rockin:

Oh, we all know how you feel. I don't know how many times I've said to my husband, "Just this one _________. That's all I need. I won't need anything else". I'm so happy to have it- then I realize that I now need a _________ to make even better beer. (The blanks don't even matter- they change all the time when I upgrade). I think I could own a microbrewery and still just need one more thing!

Way to go Kitty! :ban:

Yooper knows what she is talking about. If I just had a _______ (equipment, ingredients, books). Before you know it you'll get the SHOPPING URGE. There are LOTS of good online beer supply stores. It's soooo easy and getting those boxes delivered to your door is too fun. :D

I just got my new _________. It will really work great with the ________ i got last week. Now if I just get _________, ____________, _________, and ______, then all I'll need is a ______. Oh and maybe a bigger_________, but then I'll have to get a bigger _________.

I think I just realized I may have a problem!:cross:

Silviakitty said:
Woohoo! One step closer. ;)

Aren't you guys glad I'm going to stop posting newbie Mr Beer questions? Now I'm gonna start posting newbie _regular_ homebrew questions.

But, see, it never ends! First Mr. Beer, then extract and steeping grains questions. Then, partial mash questions. Next comes equipment questions. But after that, all grain questions. After the all grain is fairly well understood comes the kegging questions! It never stops. We're creating monsters here.

And I like it.

"I promise, honey, all I need is this one little corner of the house."
"Now all I need is this one little half of this room."
"Now all I need is this one floor of the house..."

Yeah, I think we've all been there!!

Back