Road trip pac nw

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeavyKettleBrewing

Reaction score
Taking a family trip to WA for our annual RV trip. It's a family trip but I can't help to think that dad will not stop somewhere along the road for a cold one. Our planned stops before getting to the Olympic National Forest are off the I-5 near Los Banos, Medford, Portland (Dad's stop), Aberdeen WA, and Forks (Twighlight fans, sigh) Port Angeles area on the way back to Seattle. If I can make good time coming home to SoCal, I will rip one of and hit up Santa Rosa. I plan to drink at the Green Dragon, Rogu Public House, Hales in Seattle and Russian River on teh way back. I had hoped to hit up Snoqualmie but it may not be in the card. Given teh route, anybody have any suggestions for small town breweries along the way?

You need to make an emergency stop before you get to Medford. Hit Caldera in Ashland and hope there's a drop of the Mogli left. Can you get away for a bit while dad has his stop in Portland?

You need to make an emergency stop before you get to Medford. Hit Caldera in Ashland and hope there's a drop of the Mogli left. Can you get away for a bit while dad has his stop in Portland?

I am Dad and if you think it is worth the time, I will certainly stop in Ashland. I'm going to look up Caldera right now. We are staying the night in Medford due to our trip schedule. Portland is an all day venture so we are staying in Portland or Vancouver that night. Wifey understands the importance of my research.

Just looked up Caldera. It is now on the list. I have had the Vas Deferns Ale only because of the label. Never looked at who brewed it. Did not make an impact. I do love Porters, though!

Back