just bottled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plumeja

Reaction score
it was a simple recipe honey water yeast and i added a apple cut up.
i left it in the primary for a month then racked it off. it sat there for another 3 months and it came time to bottle it to me. that and i was bottle some white wine. so of course there was half a bottle left over so i had to taste it...wow is it ever strong and smokey. is that normal? i am oing to age this for another 9 months or so to see if that strong flavours will mellow out a bit. hopfully they will.
any suggestions

Yeah, I am 99% sure they will. I'm pretty sure the flavours are of the norm, but what was your honey and water ratios, and SG readings?

i made a gallon batch and used 1 1/2 kg of honey. don't know the sg it tastes like there is a lot of booze in it.

sounds like a normal young, high ABV mead to me.:mug:
just let it get some age and the honey flavors will come back and the alcohol heat level will dissipate.
What kind of yeast and honey did you use?

i think nottingham ale yeast and local honey
how long would you let it age? i only have three wine bottles so i don't want to risk opening it up to early/

Back