Disconnect not fitting to Keg Post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angolajones

Reaction score
Tried to hook up my second keg and it is a no go. I have had the CO2 going for a week and wanted to hook up the faucet. I was unable to get the disconnect to fit. It is as if the Keg Post is too big. I thought that maybe I had switched the in and out and the disconnect wouldn't fit on the other post either. I then hooked this disconnect up to my other corny and it works.

Are there different sized posts between these kegs? They are both ball locks. The first keg has a different way to take off the posts. A wrench will work with it. The second one I am having problems with has a special tool which was sent with the keg. But, the wrench they sent was way too big for this one. Don't know if that is important or not.

After looking again, is it possible that whoever reconditioned my kegs put in two gas lines instead of one in and one out?

I'm going crazy trying to get this to work.

Jonesy

After looking again, is it possible that whoever reconditioned my kegs put in two gas lines instead of one in and one out?

It's possible? Are you using a black disconnect for the liquid side? A gas post will usually have different markings on them, like grooves around the bottom. A pic would help.

_

I see the notches on both posts. They are both gas lines.

Hope they take care of me where I bought them from.

Jonesy

Glad you figured it out.

Just a FYI for others looking at this thread:

The Beer Out disconnect is black and the Gas In is grey.

DSC00089.JPG

The Gas In post is grooved and the Beer Out is not.

keg-posts-1.jpg

Just make sure that you have them matched up properly.

Which kind is the one on the far left? Is that for a Conelius or a Firestone? And, are they interchangeable?

Jonesy

P-J > Thank you for making that so plain and easy to understand! I have always had trouble telling them apart, but pointing out the grooves for the gas-in post has just solved that problem. Thanks!!

Back