Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dazed said:
Maybe he gave up Brewing...

Maybe, but it was definitely a burdensome amount of time for Bill to have to wait for being contacted!

Maybe, but it was definitely a burdensome amount of time for Bill to have to wait for being contacted!

he never contacted me. It was only when I searched his name (that was cross referenced in another email) that I found his chase transaction. part of the problem was that he emailed me and tried registering with two similar but slightly different email addresses. He saw the post where I offered up his grain because I couldn't find the email that he registered with in my paypal or chase transactions. not to chastise anyone but I'm assuming he must have seen the posts regarding pick up a few weeks ago. I'm just going to refund him his money once I get his paypal address.

I have some buckets if anyone needs any I have some 5 gallon buckets some 3 gallon buckets and a whole bunch of 2 gallon buckets.

Cheescake, you still have any of these buckets left? I'm about 40 pounds of grain short on buckets. A couple 5 gallons would set me right. Thanks.

I should have more coming later this week. I have some pickups coming soon. If you don't mind 2 gallon buckets I have a ton of those

I should have more coming later this week. I have some pickups coming soon. If you don't mind 2 gallon buckets I have a ton of those

I'm not against splitting it up a lot at all. I'm assuming they are good for storing grain for extended periods of time (6-12 months)? How many could I pick up?

bmason1623 said:
he never contacted me. It was only when I searched his name (that was cross referenced in another email) that I found his chase transaction. part of the problem was that he emailed me and tried registering with two similar but slightly different email addresses. He saw the post where I offered up his grain because I couldn't find the email that he registered with in my paypal or chase transactions. not to chastise anyone but I'm assuming he must have seen the posts regarding pick up a few weeks ago. I'm just going to refund him his money once I get his paypal address.

Always a diplomatic gentleman. You deserve the respect you get sir.

www<DOT>chicagohomebrewers<DOT>org

then add /phpbb at the end of the link above.

Bill I tried that and it came up as a dead URL.

Edit: Got it to work at chicagohomebrewers<DOT>org/phpbb
No www and no group in there.

Who brewed the Peach Ale that was brought to the last group buy? I just had it last night and it was fantastic. If you do not mind could you PM me the recipe I would like to brew it.

Who brewed the Peach Ale that was brought to the last group buy? I just had it last night and it was fantastic. If you do not mind could you PM me the recipe I would like to brew it.

I've gotten a request by the wife to do something with pineapple and I was thinking putting it in an ale. Care to share the recipe with me also? If not, no worries. Thanks.

I've gotten a request by the wife to do something with pineapple and I was thinking putting it in an ale. Care to share the recipe with me also? If not, no worries. Thanks.

Not mine I happened to just read past this and keyed in on your pineapple flavor request.

Excerpted from the Craft Brew Quarterly Spring 2013 edition. Statement given by hopunion about the White House Honey ale recipe which is around everywhere..

As warm weather begins to arrive, try switching up the recipe to include varieties such as Mosaic® or Cascade. The addition of these hops allows for the possibility of an amazing pineapple drizzled in honey flavor, perfect for summer days. During the fall or winter months, consider utilizing varieties such as Chinook or Crystal to produce a piney, woody, spicy profile that bodes well for coldnights by a crackling fire. Whatever your choice, we hopeyou enjoy the endless possibilities this recipe provides. It is a tribute to our country and to craft beer &#8211; traditional,small and full of ingenuity.&#8211; Hopunion

As of right now I have a ton of 2 gallon buckets. I should have more 5 gallon buckets later in the week

As of right now I have a ton of 2 gallon buckets. I should have more 5 gallon buckets later in the week

cheescake, pm me your home/work address and I can pick some up if that's cool. Or we can meet somewhere. I work in Bolingbrook and live in Crest Hill. Hopefully you around me!

EDIT: Just noticed your in Palatine. You make your way down a little further south?

I have Johns sack of canadian Pale that he has asked me to sell of for him since he can't make it down here to pick up due to some serious surgery that he recently had. Who wants it for $30.80?

SOLD

That was mine. It was my second beer. It has been in the bottle since early January. There was a bit of a bite from the peach flavoring, but as it aged that mellowed. Here is the link to the recipe.

Stinky Peach Ale

I gather that the group buy is over. Would definitely be interested in the next one. I'm in Champaign but have a friend in Darien that I would split the grain with. Do you know when the next buy will be?

Kevin

I gather that the group buy is over. Would definitely be interested in the next one. I'm in Champaign but have a friend in Darien that I would split the grain with. Do you know when the next buy will be?

Kevin

after Labor Day. Check your PMs.

When i was there to pickup who was i talking to about belma hops and smoked malt? my mind isnt working very well.

Quick question for those that purchased chinook. What was the alpha acid on them. I picked up a bag and while enjoying the great smell I accidentally wiped off the aa number

I would like to get in on the next one. I grew up in the south suburbs, and my parents still live there. My folks could make the pickup for me.

I would like to get in on the next one. I grew up in the south suburbs, and my parents still live there. My folks could make the pickup for me.

Just follow this thread for the next buy which probably won't be until the end of the summer around labor day.

Hope I can get in on this one.

This one (group Buy #8) has been over and done with for more than two months. Follow this thread for announcement of the next one which will probably be around Labor Day or so. Me and the guys who help me run this are taking the summer off to brew and drink.

Looking forward to the next buy. Replying here to subscribe to this thread.

for those who brought beer in growlers or flip top bottles, I did not get to drink all of them. Sorry, but there was just way too much beer. However, I do appreciate the kind gesture. I emptied out the bottles and have washed them with soap and water. If you would like to pick up your container please PM me so we can make arrangements. Just let me know what type of container you are picking up, any particular brewery logo, etc. Thank you.

I am in Chicago's version of Newark, NJ (Hammond, IN) but I want in on the next group buy. Just rebuilding my operation but I tend to go through about 250# of malt and 6 # of hops a year (prefer leaf).

Since I am a bit of a "redneck" brewer I stick to 3 main malts (2-row America, Crystal 60 and Munich Dark) and 2-3 (lots of Cascade, Mt Hood and a high alpha as needed) hops for almost anything with specialty grains bought at my LHS as needed. I am down to 3 yeasts that I tend to re-propagate for about everything as well.

I signed up...see if I get accepted.

Onkel_Udo said:
I am in Chicago's version of Newark, NJ (Hammond, IN) but I want in on the next group buy. Just rebuilding my operation but I tend to go through about 250# of malt and 6 # of hops a year (prefer leaf).

Since I am a bit of a "redneck" brewer I stick to 3 main malts (2-row America, Crystal 60 and Munich Dark) and 2-3 (lots of Cascade, Mt Hood and a high alpha as needed) hops for almost anything with specialty grains bought at my LHS as needed. I am down to 3 yeasts that I tend to re-propagate for about everything as well.

I signed up...see if I get accepted.

Which lhbs do you use?

Which lhbs do you use?

Right now it is the Brew and Blooms place almost across the street from my house. Oddly their equipment is reasonably priced but their ingredients...not so much. I just prefer to support a local place at least as much as makes economic sense. I will probably get a 50# sack of 2-row from them and might even ask about having them order sacks of X and Y. They tend toward more hydroponics than brewing but their selection is not bad for how smal the section of the store is.

I rarely make it into the city because i work and live out here plus have three time-consuming hobbies (brewing, old house remodel and LeMons racing) but would love a good reference to homebrew store of exceptional quality in the city.

Through this site I found a fellow homebrewer that is in stumbling distance of my house so there is always the chance he has a hook-up on bulk grains.

Right now it is the Brew and Blooms place almost across the street from my house. Oddly their equipment is reasonably priced but their ingredients...not so much. I just prefer to support a local place at least as much as makes economic sense. I will probably get a 50# sack of 2-row from them and might even ask about having them order sacks of X and Y. They tend toward more hydroponics than brewing but their selection is not bad for how smal the section of the store is.

I rarely make it into the city because i work and live out here plus have three time-consuming hobbies (brewing, old house remodel and LeMons racing) but would love a good reference to homebrew store of exceptional quality in the city.

Through this site I found a fellow homebrewer that is in stumbling distance of my house so there is always the chance he has a hook-up on bulk grains.

I grew up less than 5 miles from that place, in Munster.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back