Draught system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not even sure what you're imagining a tower attached to the side of a fridge would look like, but I know it would require running the lines outside the fridge and through the tower and that alone is a reason not to do it (read..foamy beer). The fact that attaching the faucets directly to the fridge is much easier should make it a slam dunk. Attach the drip pan underneath them.

^ I'm obviously not going to mount it directly to the fridge and have it be horizontal. I was thinking of fabricating either a stainless or aluminum box with one side open and attaching that to the fridge and mounting the tower to the box with the lines running through into keg in the fridge.

image-4168622402.jpg

I would cut a rectangular hole in the side of the fridge so cold air can pass into the box and the tower, and then make the box from wood to provide insulation and support, and then wrap it with aluminum sheet metal. Mount it with four - eight large screws from inside the fridge into the wood and then use self tapping sheet metal screws to secure your aluminum cover to the fridges exterior.

Back