couple questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast636

Reaction score
alright figured i would ask away with some questions i have been thinking about.

1)my back yard is surrounded by pine trees will my ground soil be alright or will it make my hops taste piney? i hurd some whear that if the area around the planted rhizome it can change the final product but wasnt sure if this was true.

2)i'm going to be brewing more IPA's and ales my selection of rhizomes i'm going to purchase are Summit, Willamette, Cascade, Chinook, Columbus, and Nugget. would this be a good selection for my area and for what i'm wanting to brew in the future? i was looking threw here( https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/hops-comparison-table-297038/ ) and picked them out figured i would ask the ones that know tho to make sure.

for now i think that was the biggest questions i'll keep coming back to this thread as i think about some more thanks for any words of wisdom i have already learned so much from this site :mug:

BEst to start by taking a soil sample and sending it for analysis to your state college soils lab. This will give you a jumping off point and recommendations on how to ammend your soil for your hops. Also, looks like a nice choice for yourarea...

alright last question of the night. i was thinking about it and was reading threw some old post on here and was wondering where are the best places to look or find wild hop plants growing? i am always looking but it always turns out to be just a vine not a bine that i am wishing for lol. sorta a random question but figured i would pop it on in and see what i get with answers lol, thanks again

Back