New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp a la Deanie's?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpanishCastleAle

Reaction score
Last night I was watching Man vs. Food and he went to a place in New Orleans called Deanie's for their famous BBQ shrimp. They're not really 'BBQ' in the classic sense of the word, that's just what they call them. Here's a couple of links to recipes that look similar based on what I saw. Deanie's just uses a compound butter and obv don't let anyone know what's in it. Deanie's also def has green onions in theirs (both in-sauce and on top as garnish). If you're scared of butter these aren't for you! I'm stoppin' by the fresh seafood market for some jumbo prawns for this...heads-on of course.:rockin:
NO-style BBQ Shrimp Version I
NO-style BBQ Shrimp Version II...this one has beer in it
I do question the second recipe though, it says to cook the shrimp and then add the beer to deglaze and then reduce by half, then add the 'thickening' butter. That looks like a sure-fire way to overcook the shrimp.

Anybody here an ole pro at NO-style BBQ shrimp? Anybody have a clone recipe for Deanie's version?

Oh man, N.O.-style BBQ shrimp is great. I have had them at Mr. B's Bistro (the first link there), and I think that is a pretty classic recipe. If you are going to make it with beer, you need to use Abita Amber and serve with the same.

I do not make these at home or eat them often simply b/c that much butter will take a few years off your life, but they are damn good.

Thanks Beerrific.
I do not make these at home or eat them often simply b/c that much butter will take a few years off your life, but they are damn good.
Yea, but those years come off the end.:D

Glad to hear the Mr. B's recipe is good. I'll try it (with added scallions) first.

Thanks Beerrific.

Yea, but those years come off the end.:D

Glad to hear the Mr. B's recipe is good. I'll try it (with added scallions) first.

Not only that, but let me just say that if it weren't for his lack of butter, Michael Jackson would still be alive. I am going to eat butter and live life to the fullest. Those recipes both look delicious to me.

Latest posts

Back