Thats LT Pumbaa to YOU mister . . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumbaa

I prefer 23383
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a Deputy Fire chief from my department and was informed I am being promoted to Fire Lieutenant. I guess the 3rd shot really is the charm. It's gonna suck leaving my crew, changing houses, spending $500 on a new helmet and another $50 on a new front piece but I'm bouncing off the walls right now I'm so excited.

No more acting LT everyday at someone elses house.
No more packing my gear up and driving all over the city.
I get my own crew.
I get my own rig.
I get my own office.
I get a nice little raise.
And to top everything off I get to go to a house that even though it's on the side of town I DONT like it's a great house. Great group of guys. It has a engine, ladder, and a paramedic rig. It's right next to a small airport (I'm a aviation nut). The guys make beer at the fire house (I'm also a brewing nut).

I gotta find out who my new partner is . . .
I gotta go clean out my old locker and let my old crew know too b4 they find out via the grape vine . . .

Meeting with the Chief on the 14th, piss test and Fire/Police commision meeting on the 15th, get made on the 16th, and it all goes into effect on the 18th.

/NAKED HAPPY DANCE

Congrats! Way to go.

Now please, put some dang clothes back on. Your 2" hose is hanging out. Unfotrunatly (for you) we're not talking diameter.

Cheesefood said:
Congrats! Way to go.

Now please, put some dang clothes back on. Your 2" hose is hanging out. Unfotrunatly (for you) we're not talking diameter.

I am in Milwaukee . . . It's cold up here

:ban:
there I put on a Banana suit for ya :p

Way to go Pumbaa - is that Capitol Airport? I used to fly up there once in awhile.....

Skol!

Congrats there Pumbaa!

Side of town you don't like... I'm betting Timmerman field is that airport?

Good stuff Pumbaa! If it feels good do it - just make sure your Family are cool too with the changes, i'm sure it'll be good.
BTW there's no way i'm gonna start calling you 'Fire Lieutenant Pumbaa' though. You pushed it last time with the whole 'No Cute Nuns' thing. ;)

Congrats Pumbaa! I too like aviation. I even hold a license but I lost currency ages ago, with no funds available to get current again, esp with fuel prices being what they are......

Good stuff Pumbaa! Congrats! Ah! .. I'm still reeling from tub girl...excuse me I gotta go puke again....

Congrats! Arnold says good job!

_39385563_arnie_203_bodyafp.jpg

Ceej said:
Yeah! Congrats!

You have to buy your own gear? :D
Oh yeah, you get paid!

Up until about 3 or 4 years ago we bought our own gear which personally I prefer. Now we have a comisary system, we are issued 2 full sets of gear, and we have to wear ONLY the gear the department prodives and we arent allowed to customize our gear. (Now i have 2 extra full sets sitting around my house I wear when I am shoveling snow on those REAL cold days.)

If you want a extra pocket on your coat - tough
If youwant to have flip down eye shields instead of goggles - tough
If you want black NOMAX instead of the straw PBI blend - tough
If you want lighter wieght gear - tough

We do get some choices on length of our coats, rubber or leather boots, and fiberglass helmets or a leather one but thats about it

Congrats! :cheers:

I know squat about your rank structure, but I hope for your sake that being a Lieutenant as a fireman is different than being a Lieutenant in the military. :D

Congratulations!

One thing really caught my attention though...

> The guys make beer at the fire house (I'm also a brewing nut).

I wish I could make beer at work! It would probably be frowned upon though. Too close to all of the computers. The only down side would be if a call came in during the boil or while mashing. Still, the thought of brewing at work is cool.

-casey

Congratulations, man ! I'm sure the job comes with its own set of headaches, but now they'll be YOUR headaches instead of someone elses that you've got to sort out with their crew. Sounds like you must have a good group at the new station. Hell, they brew, how bad can they be ? Good luck !

Back