I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, the dreaded vultures. A tale I know all too well. Had to deal with those when my Grandparents passed on. It's amazing how people that hate your guts can come out of nowhere and act all nicey nicey just so they can try and pick through the rubble. Some of the saught after items had already "disappeared" by the time they got there. Didn't keep them turning the house upside down looking though.

No one will be picking through any rubble on my watch. This is horrible, brings out the worst in people. I will pursue hubby's wishes. I guess you need a pancreas, that's the organ shutting down first. I'm scared, but not that scared. Hubby said do this, this and this.... I'm just going to do that. I have something to focus on now. On a mission and nothing is going to slow me down. :rockin:

No one will be picking through any rubble on my watch. This is horrible, brings out the worst in people. I will pursue hubby's wishes. I guess you need a pancreas, that's the organ shutting down first. I'm scared, but not that scared. Hubby said do this, this and this.... I'm just going to do that. I have something to focus on now. On a mission and nothing is going to slow me down. :rockin:

Just remember the wheels and nothing will stop you.

Why would anyone attempt to take his stuff? Don't you still live there?

Yes, and no one will be touching anything. He was more worried than I was, try to guard 350 acres. Certain things he wants right here where I can guard them. Yeah, I know, craziness, I'm still here and no one will be taking anything. Vultures. If the family ever reads this since I used my real name: Back off, you vultures!!!

Maybe no one is out to get us, take our stuff, while we are weak, down and out. But hubby thinks so and I am seeing where he is correct. I'm the only one that can understand him when he talks right now. The dose of morphine is so high he needs help breathing. All I want the family to do right now is back off. No, you can't go ahead and pick up that car. Everyone is frantic, hubby was the patriarch of the family. What's going to happen now? Suddenly now they want to make plans. Hello!??!! I tried to get with them and make plans sooner. Too late now, folks, plans have been made and I'm going to follow through with them. I have to keep saying to the rest of the family, back off!! Hubby and I already know what's going to happen.

The wheels, keep turning round and round.... I know which direction they are supposed to headed and that's the same direction they will continue to be headed.

I'm really sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with with you and your hubby.

I sincerely apologize if it's not my place - and don't be afraid to tell me so - but is it pancreatic cancer? I have a few family members that dealt with that.

My grandfather passed away from pancreatic cancer a few years ago. If the lady my wife wasted money on today is to be believed, he "came trough" with a few messages for me today. Hogwash as far as I'm concerned.

BobbiLynn, at times like these family can either be a comfort or a pain in the ass. I'm sorry his are being the latter.

I'm out to dinner tonight, and see on the menu "Handcrafted beer selection" over the list of BMC beers. I have toured Budweiser I didn't see any hand crafting going on there, unless you count the control room where they monitor the computer doing the work.

Thank you! Hubby keeps calling me now that he's awake, making me paranoid. I know he's on drugs and I shouldn't worry about the stuff he is saying. But he's saying protect ourselves, we are still a team. And the stuff I didn't think I had to worry about, I have to worry about now. My dog is staring at me crying/whining. Hubby says keep the family at bay. Kids are happily both off to college and that's all that matters. Make sure they stay out of this, make sure daughter has gas money. Son, he's fine, let him worry about his girlfriend. And tell him watch over his sister.

It started as colon cancer and spread from there. :mad:

(Oohh I might get in trouble posting this. It is not meant to be religious; well I guess that is BS really. Certainly this is a Christian religious post. If any mods say it pushes the limits please PM me before locking down this magnificent thread and I'll change the text to "Bye Bye Miss American Pie" or Turn Turn, by the Byrds. Seriously)

I'm not a great Christian. I don't even remember the last time I went to church.

No offense to Jewish and atheist but for BobbyLynn I ask that those of you who believe in a God above, or just like the words say this with me to BobbiLynn. In my head I hear the Byrds singing this.

A Time for Everything

1There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
2a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
6a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

(Oohh I might get in trouble posting this. It is not meant to be religious; well I guess that is BS really. Certainly this is a Christian religious post. If any mods say it pushes the limits please PM me before locking down this magnificent thread and I'll change the text to "Bye Bye Miss American Pie" or Turn Turn, by the Byrds. Seriously)

I'm not a great Christian. I don't even remember the last time I went to church.

No offense to Jewish and atheist but for BobbyLynn I ask that those of you who believe in a God above, or just like the words say this with me to BobbiLynn. In my head I hear the Byrds singing this.

A Time for Everything

1There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
2a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
6a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

This is from the Old Testament, Ecclesiastes, so it should be good for most folks. I think the next few verses kind of sum it all up -

12 I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. 13 That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God.

So life isn't always fun, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have fun or enjoy life. I can't see why the mods would have a problem with that.

passedpawn will hold them off for us. With monster truck force. I'm pretty sure we can bribe him with some Beach Boys. ;)

And this. Just short of bribary.. not to be confused with Barbary coasts. That's Marine territory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bribery is such an ugly word. BTW, so is bribary. :D

This is a home brew forum and I would think any offers would be appropriate for the venue.

Oops, sorry about going crazy in public!!! All is well, let's move on to lighter subjects this time of night. I love the beach boys!!!!! :mug:

BL, you are allowed and no explanation necessary.

One of my best customer onsite assignments was a summer in the Portofino Hotel in Redondo Beach. The Beach Boys, the Women's Professional Sand Volleyball Championships in Manhattan Beach, and the Manhattan Beach Brewery made it a very memorable experience. Already chilling thinking about the sound of the waves.

I'm 28 and I still like the Beach Boys, and Neil Diamond... :mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm repuing from an iPhone. I can't do well on this thing. Just wanted to say. BobbiLynn I love you as sister and hope, and pray your hubby gets. Healthy.

Love you Sis. Danny

Good vibrations, loving it. Love you too, Danny, my bro and my other brothers and sisters on here. Okay, sleep time again.

Leadgolem said:
It was brought to my attention that brisket is analogous to pork belly. My next project will be to make beef bacon from brisket. I have no idea if this is brilliant or totally insane... Sounds like a lot of my projects/recipes.

Your gong to end up with a corned beef/chipped beef product

Ya know, in the world I work in (bunch of type A personalities, fighter jet jocs) A callsign is given to each of them. Just for the record I'm not a pilot.. far from it.

But these dudes and dudettes all have callsigns. Some are masculine..."Rawhide, Viper, Snake and Bear" to name a few. Some aren't , Booger, Dude, Dizzy and stuff like that. All in good camaraderie.

I aint talking about giving BobbiLynn a call sign. More of an affectionate reference. I from now on will call BobbiLynn "Sis" because she is like my little sister and I love her in that way.

You can do the same if you want. I don't judge either way.

I think Sis is offline now. Girl has a heapload of tough times to deal with. Good vibes to her and her hubby. For real!

Ok I took a camera to beer and cigar night. I got lots more photos but in my drunken state these kind of seem right. Might change in the morning

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

Your gong to end up with a corned beef/chipped beef product
Corned beef is basically pickled. Chipped beef is heavily salted. I'm planning on curing and smoking, but not heavily salting. I'm thinking sweet curing instead.

I should pull out my leftover brisket, thin cut some and pan fry it. I don't have the smoker setup for the rest, and won't until it warms up.

Bud light.. it makes a good night. I'm a homebrewer. Doesn't make me a beer afficiando. I just like beer. Pretty much all of it. If I ever get to the point I sound better than I am. Err, well.. I'm not

Doesn't make me a beer afficiando. I just like beer.

Liking beer to the point that you choose to become a homebrewer certainly makes you an aficionado. You can still enjoy Bud Light as an aficionado. Becoming a snob is where things begin to change. I don't think you'll get to that point. :mug:

I posted the photo of the bud just to show I am surrounded by bud drinkers. Of course my cooler was the first one kicked :)

Back