Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to drop this game.for a few weeks at a time. It just gets old after a while, still have not done the main story. Lydia was the most useless whore in the game, I wish.she was alive so I could sacrifice her.

Finally decided to get back to the main quest line and I am currently working the Alduins Bane section. Fecking game bug has me in fits. Must have reloaded a half dozen times to fight Alduin only to be handed my ass each time. Looked up the wiki this morning only to discover that theres a bug where if you attack Alduin before he finishes his dialogue it can cause the system to render him invincible (attacks do no damage).

Fvcking Skyrim! I was damned near ready to give up thinking my character just isn't strong enough to fight this dragon.

And, Blackreach SUCKS! Can't see a fvcking thing but floating dandruff and jellyfish!

There are "completequest" codes available online if you really can't get past a certain spot.

I had a problem with the Hjerim house in Windhelm. After I used a completequest code and a few more misc. codes to clean up all of the cobwebs and garbage in the house, I was set!

You have to have the PC version to do all this :)

For Blackreach, have your follower carry a torch. You can also use the candlelight spell in 3rd person view. Edit: You can also adjust the Gamma levels in the options menu or the brightness on your TV.

There are "completequest" codes available online if you really can't get past a certain spot.

I had a problem with the Hjerim house in Windhelm. After I used a completequest code and a few more misc. codes to clean up all of the cobwebs and garbage in the house, I was set!

You have to have the PC version to do all this :)

For Blackreach, have your follower carry a torch. You can also use the candlelight spell in 3rd person view.

XBox 360 here. Now that I have read the bug wiki I should be okay. Looks like all i have to do is just not try to attack Alduin until he finishes his dialogue.

Yeah. I though about using magelight or something but my brain keeps telling me that will just create a beacon target, even though I know the game won;t trigger any baddies until you are right on them.

Blackreach is massive! I think Skyrim should be more concerned about becoming a giant sinkhole rather than a few pesky dragons.

Can't wait to play Dawnguard for PC. Really hoping for little to no glitches.

I am having fun floating around as a vampire lord. The only thing that sucks is that you can't loot anything and the vampire lord doesn't fit through some openings.

I am having fun floating around as a vampire lord. The only thing that sucks is that you can't loot anything and the vampire lord doesn't fit through some openings.

Since DawnGuard added 2 new perk trees and achievements, I wonder if XP increases any faster after Lvl 50 than if the character weren't doing DawnGuard quests.

Does that make any sense?

If achievements are the primary guage used for game completion, I can't imagine how long it will take to get the 22 Lycan and Vampire perks (11 each) to close out those achievements if leveling is as slow as it is now.

Since DawnGuard added 2 new perk trees and achievements, I wonder if XP increases any faster after Lvl 50 than if the character weren't doing DawnGuard quests.

Does that make any sense?

If achievements are the primary guage used for game completion, I can't imagine how long it will take to get the 22 Lycan and Vampire perks (11 each) to close out those achievements if leveling is as slow as it is now.

I am level 46 and it is still very slow going even with the Vampire Lord questlines. The Vampire perk tree is completely separate from the main perk tree. I don't know if one really affects the leveling speed of the other.

And the HVAC isn't running in the office today. Looks like I am leaving early and sitting in my basement to become an evil vampire overlord or something.

God I swear, this is the buggiest game I have ever payed to play.

Got Skyrim running, waited for Alduin to finish his speal, decided to fast travel to Whiterun for some potions (Magicka poison and resist fire), came back and went to war.

Dragonrend, poison arrow,...

Fvcker never tried to hit me. Not even once. Done in a minutes time.

And, why the bless could I Fast Travel when Alduin is on teh rampage but, a mad elf in the vicinity and I am stuck?

I have a legit question. What's with the Geode veins in Blackreach? Are they at all significant? It just seems that regular ore comes out from them.

I have a legit question. What's with the Geode veins in Blackreach? Are they at all significant? It just seems that regular ore comes out from them.

They can produce levelled soul gems, if you need them.

At higher levels, mining is pointless. Just buy whatever you need to smith with.

God I swear, this is the buggiest game I have ever payed to play.

Got Skyrim running, waited for Alduin to finish his speal, decided to fast travel to Whiterun for some potions (Magicka poison and resist fire), came back and went to war.

Dragonrend, poison arrow,...

Fvcker never tried to hit me. Not even once. Done in a minutes time.

And, why the bless could I Fast Travel when Alduin is on teh rampage but, a mad elf in the vicinity and I am stuck?

I had the same type of thing happen to me. Two named dragons were hell bent on killing me. I died a couple times trying to fight them. The 3rd time, they kinda moved in slow motion in the air and weren't fighting.

So once you've finished the Souvenguard stuff, do you get to go back and forth between Skyrim and Skuldafn?

Seems a waste to leave all that Ebony loot behind.

Become a vampire and you can have night vision on command. Makes all the crappy dark areas much more manageable.

Still on the fence regarding DawnGuard and Civil War. Can't decide what side to take.

Civil War = Hate Ulfric and his smug BS, his discrimination, his dominative attitude towards Skyrim. A respectable king he will not make. But, the Empire turns their head to the Thalmor and that pisses me off too. Just not enough to like Ulfric.

I am tempted to side with Ulfric just to make Thane early and then give the crown to the Imperials later.

DawnGuard = No opinion yet. Based solely on what little knowledge I have of the Vampiric empire their one goal is to block out the sun and render Skyrim a lifeless nation.

Seems a waste to put so much effort into saving Skyrim from teh dragons only to hand it over to bloodsuckers. It may be fun to play the vamp character, but like with Lycanism I want a cure so I can control the affront in the name of Skyrim.

Honestly, given the premise of Skyrim, I think their should be a third option. the Dovakien becomes a Dragon Overlord, ruling Skyrim from the necks of his Dragon cavalry. Fighting back the second coming of the Stormcloak Blades faction to put an end to Ulfric's selfish tyranny. I think THAT would be cool. But mostly cause I wanna see Paarthanux roast Ulfric like a marshmallow. And, i wanna see Delphine neal in submission to the dragonborn empire. ***** needs to be put in her place. Dova Genocide is NOT the answer. A real king would make an ally of such a formidable race, but only one that can prove he has the metal to rule such a strong foe.

After going through the main questline as a vampire, I am going back through as a Dawnguard and doing all the side quests. I never wanted to do the side quests as a vampire because all the vampires ever did was sit at the table drinking blood from people.

What's your guys' favorite Skyrim home? For the longest time, I used stupid Breezehome because it's located in convenient Whiterun. Now, I'm at Vlindrel Hall in Markarth which I think is pretty similar to Proudspire Manor in Solitude, in terms of square footage, except the former has a convenient one floor layout. Hjerim in Windhelm also looks pretty nice after you clean it up a bit. I might make the move there soon. Honeyside in Riften would be a distant 5th place... It's basically like Breezehome with a basement instead of a 2nd floor but I think it has the most Mannequins.

Side note: I can't stand all the baskets, bowls, forks, food, and napkins on every table. They constantly fall onto the floor, creating a mess. Some of it you can put it your inventory and throw outside, but you cannot pick up the silverware and rags. I'd rather just have full crates of ale and mead everywhere honestly... a bachelor pad/man cave... And I want more mannequins, weapon racks, and shield mounts instead of cabinets and bookshelves!

What's your guys' favorite Skyrim home? For the longest time, I used stupid Breezehome because it's located in convenient Whiterun. Now, I'm at Vlindrel Hall in Markarth which I think is pretty similar to Proudspire Manor in Solitude in terms of square footage except it has a convenient one floor layout. Hjerim in Windhelm also looks pretty nice after you clean it up a bit. I might make the move there soon. Honeyside in Riften would be a distant 5th place... It's basically like Breezehome with a basement instead of a 2nd floor.

Side note: I can't stand all the baskets, bowls, forks, and napkins on every table. And I want more mannequins, weapon racks, and shield mounts instead of cabinets!

I have;

Vlindrell hall (Markarth), Proudspire (Solitude), Breezehome (Whiterun), Honeyside (Riften), the abandoned house (Markarth), and the Arch Mages quarters (Winterhold).

I've yet to take the Oath in Windhelm for the Thane title and house. But, despite not being a recognized achievement, I intend to be than of every hold. Windhelm is my last hold to Thane in. I just can't decide if I want to be Thane of StormCloak occupation or Imperial. I'm way too conflicted by this given it's just a fecking game.

Honestly, I like the abandoned house the most. IIRC, it has at least 4 chests.

I hate how spread out everything I have is now. I forget what is where. Example, I need to trade a pice of guild armor for an upgrade and can't remember where I stashed my set of guild armor.

But, I hate more how bogged down the console gets when you have too many items stashed in a single chest. Way too much lag between pressing the button to take or store an item and how long it takes to process.

As to what you want, I think Proudspire fits the bill. Lots of racks and mounts there IIRC. I personally don't use them. I don't use bookshelves much either.

I just read a Thalmor Dossier on Ulfric StormCloak.

Fvcker is a chess pawn for the Thalmor! They are using him to gain advantage over Imperial occupation.

Funny... that's what I heard about General Tullius and the Imperials. They're being used by the Thalmor to govern Tamriel under their vision. That's why I kicked the Thalmor ambassador out of the peace hearing in the Greybeards council room. It was even Ulfric's suggestion to do so.

Funny... that's what I heard about General Tullius and the Imperials. They is being used by the Thalmor to govern Tamriel under their vision. That's why I kicked the Thalmor ambassador out of the peace hearing in the Greybeards council room. It was even Ulfric's suggestion to do so.

I kicked her out too.

What journal/book did you read that about the Imperial?

I've re-read the book on the war and all the Thalmor dossiers and am still searching for anything on the Imperials, aside from what is in the war book. I mean, yes, I have always assumed the treaty with the Thalmor is buying time for the Thalmor. But, I had never expected there are any insiders in teh Empire (although it wouldn't surprise me given the troop corruption) working for the Thalmor but posing as Imperial.

If you know of anything, please tell me what it is. I am really struggling with this decision.

It wasn't in a book. It was in the dialogue somewhere when you're deep in the game.

Maybe the Thalmor are playing both sides, but they started gaining leverage over the Imperials first in my particular journey.

If you know of anything, please tell me what it is. I am really struggling with this decision.

Ulfric is a racist, that is good enough for me.

Also, this is getting very close to needing to be moved to the debate forum hehe

It wasn't in a book. It was in the dialogue somewhere when you're deep in the game.

Maybe the Thalmor are playing both sides, but they started gaining leverage over the Imperials first in my particular journey.

Ahhh. You mean the Concordat? Yes. That is my only real gripe about the Imperials. The fact that they "let" the Thalmor have any rule over religious preferences in terretories they do not control.

This new tidbit about Ulfric being a pawn, and the insinuated communications between Ulfric and the Thalmor have swayed me much more toward Imperial.

I've also just learned that you can move things in 360 by holding down the activate/search button. I've not tried it yet.

Ulfric is a racist, that is good enough for me.

Also, this is getting very close to needing to be moved to the debate forum hehe

Haha. YES! that was my only issue with him. His racist, smug attitude toward anything non-nord.

And as for the Imperials, my only issue was their tolerance of Thalmor presence and practices.

Digging through the books and wiki pages on Imperial and StormCloak I read that Tullius eventually insinuates (if Imperial domination is achieved) that another war is coming between the Imperials and the Aldemeri. bless Yeah! Bring that **** on!

I haven't found anything to say Ulfric does that too.

I chose the Imperials because I happened to be in Solitude. That was the sole factor for my choice.

You, clearly, have no concern for the eventual position of Skyrim in future DLC releases and/or editions of the Elder Scrolls.

Shameful! Skyrim belongs to the ner, umm, Nords!

Ahhh. So, it's possible to copy a game save to a USB from Xbox?

This changes everything for me.

I shall attempt to copy my most recent save prior to choosing a side. I honestly do not care for either side and really think I should have my own legion, I'm the fecking Dragonborn! I command two dragons and have a third as my ally! I can travel to Sovenguard and back! I can dominate mages, trolls, giants, vampires, and anything else. I have better knowledge of Thu'um than teh fecking Greybeards! I control the guilds and I am Thane of every hold. bless the Imperials! bless the StormCloaks! Bow to ME b!tches!

I should be High King!

I shall attempt to copy my most recent save prior to choosing a side. I honestly do not care for either side and really think I should have my own legion, I'm the fecking Dragonborn! I command two dragons and have a third as my ally! I can travel to Sovenguard and back! I can dominate mages, trolls, giants, vampires, and anything else. I have better knowledge of Thu'um than teh fecking Greybeards! I control the guilds and I am Thane of every hold. bless the Imperials! bless the StormCloaks! Bow to ME b!tches!

I should be High King!

Big deal. I was once an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Yeah It was a ridiculous scenario... Shoot me with a friggen arrow just to take my damned sweet roll! Then to top it off, I hobble over to the nearest guard and they give me the SAME EXACT condescending response that you just did. Yeah MR. Guard, someone DID take my sweetroll, now do your damn job and catch the fvcker!

Ugh... and they wonder why I choose to serve the daedra...

Yeah It was a ridiculous scenario... Shoot me with a friggen arrow just to take my damned sweet roll! Then to top it off, I hobble over to the nearest guard and they give me the SAME EXACT condescending response that you just did. Yeah MR. Guard, someone DID take my sweetroll, now do your damn job and catch the fvcker!

Ugh... and they wonder why I choose to serve the daedra...

Wait, I think I know you!

GilaMinumBeer said:
You, clearly, have no concern for the eventual position of Skyrim in future DLC releases and/or editions of the Elder Scrolls.

Shameful! Skyrim belongs to the ner, umm, Nords!

Well one of my 4 other characters can go the other way.

Well one of my 4 other characters can go the other way.

Yeah. I just don't see myself playing Skyrim again with a new character. This one evolved over how I like to play, pure and simple. I'll see this character through any DLC releases but once the game is done, I am too.

I'll start a new character on a new title release.

schmoe said:
Kinda defeats the point of leveling up doesn't it?

Eh, part of the charm of Bethesda games for me is the jankiness. I enjoy figuring the system out and exploiting its flaws.

Back