Sabco Brewmagic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lnmnmarty

Reaction score
Does any one own a Sabco Brewmagic? What does everyone think? I'm not interested in brewing beer in coolers and wondered what the opinions were on the various brew systems available . The Sabco looks best to me.

lnmnmarty said:
Does any one own a Sabco Brewmagic? What does everyone think? I'm not interested in brewing beer in coolers and wondered what the opinions were on the various brew systems available . The Sabco looks best to me.
I asked that same question not too long ago... found someone here on Island who actually had one and invited myself over to his place to brew. I was an all grain brewer (coolers) who always wanted this system, but it was cost prohibitive. Upon coming back stateside I will be getting back into the hobby and will have a little $ to blow on shiny stuff like the brewmagic. Let me say that this system is absolutely beautiful, top shelf, youll be the envy of most of us here. A lot of people build RIMS/HERMS systems such as this because they are DIY gadget types... this is basically about the best looking version one could hope for... the DIY'ers can and have saved thousands in building similar systems - if you fall into this catagory, there are many here who will help you out every step of the way, and in fact will be almost as exited for you and your project as you will yourself! if your not this type and you have the 3 thou to spend, you will NOT be unhappy. For me, after having seen the system in action, as nice as it was and all, a little bit of financial common sense came to me (a rare occasion) and i decided the money would be better spent on other aspects of my upcoming new brew garage (maybe a walk in cooler, upgraded plumbing, and of course a host of other "smaller" toys and nice things to have like a better brewpot, refractometer, nicer grain mill, etc.) I'm going to do the cooler thing again, because i made outstanding beer previously with it and spend the money more on the dispensing side of the house instead. So... clear as mud? Oh, and if you do decide to pick this system up, I can tell you that the gentleman whom I brewed with that day said that Sabco's customer service was second to none, both before AND after the sale - they will not brush you off if you have questions or even need help in the proper use of their products. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply Gents, what method do you guys use to brew with? I didnt mean to give the impression that coolers were beneath me or anything. I just wondered if most brewers went through a learning curve that brought them to something like the Sabco and that instead of spending alot of money on "stepping stones", I might just jump right in. How did you veteran brewers out there get where you are today methodwise ? I'm just trying to avoid some of the monetary mistakes I have made with other hobbies of mine. Are there any plans out there for something like the Sabco for the DIYer? Cheers

brewmister said:
I started with a converted keg and a turkey fryer but now here is what I have. It rocks!!!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/mwiskirchen/3tier.jpg

A friend of mine built it for me, if you want one, email me at mwiskirchenatcoxdotnet and I will get you in touch with him. He said he is willing to build more for a reasonable price.

Cinderblock wall. Painted covered patio. Lingering sunset. Cox address.
Are you a Zonie?
Pick up available then?

By the way you'll want to mask that email address like I have done or you'll get mad spam.

Yuri_Rage said:
I think I probably qualify as one of those "DIY types" that flubdubman mentions.
Yuri, I've looked at all your projects, and I've been reading most all the posts here for the last month-ish, at least the all grain, equipment, general techniques anyway. You do NOT "qualify" you DEFINE "DIY types"

If you do decide to build it yourself, I'd go with manual controls. Although the automatic controls are cool, in my case they were a significant portion of the cost and the fabrication time.

I own a BrewMagic Pro and I only have high praises for the design and ease of use. The customer service is top notch and even the CEO has returned my calls when I had a question about one particular aspect with one of the kettles. There are a couple of gentlemen who have been especially helpful when halfway through my first brew the diaphragm in the regulator blew. I spoke with them separately and in their ernest attempt to fix the problem they both sent me a new regulator with no questions asked other than to describe the failure. It was a ton of money and I do have regrets for not building my own and there are a few things I would change about it but it is so much nicer than my previous 3-tier system that the buyer's remorse passed quickly. If you want to discuss it in further detail just PM me.
Jeffrey

I would absolutely love a brew magic, but If you are considering ordering soon, take this into consideration first.

Sabco said:
Thanks so much for your order of a new, Universal Kettle. I am sorry to
have to tell you that these kettles are temporarily out of stock.
Stainless steel supplies are facing shortages worldwide. China has
become a black hole for most raw materials and fuel and the plants are
all running behind in production.
We are scheduled to receive a new shipment of kegs within 2 weeks. As
soon as we receive them, we will run kettles and fill orders. If you
can wait, yours will be one of the first orders filled.
Please let me know if this is acceptable. I am holding your order until
I hear from you.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Rick *****
Sabco Ind.

Just got this email this morning

brewmister said:
I started with a converted keg and a turkey fryer but now here is what I have. It rocks!!!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/mwiskirchen/3tier.jpg

A friend of mine built it for me, if you want one, email me at *EDIT* and I will get you in touch with him. He said he is willing to build more for a reasonable price.

you may want to remove your e-mail address from this post and replace it with "PM me". You could be in for a lot of spam.

todd_k said:
you may want to remove your e-mail address from this post and replace it with "PM me". You could be in for a lot of spam.

But now you're also going to have to go back into your post and edit it out.

olllllo said:
Are you a Zonie?
Pick up available then?

By the way you'll want to mask that email address like I have done or you'll get mad spam.[/quoteP

Pickup or he will possibly deliver. Where in AZ are you at?

brewmister said:
olllllo said:
Are you a Zonie?
Pick up available then?

By the way you'll want to mask that email address like I have done or you'll get mad spam.[/quoteP

Pickup or he will possibly deliver. Where in AZ are you at?

85041... and based on the style of patio....I'm going to guess you're in Mesa or Tempe.

I use one of the B3 systems. . . I am more than satisfied for the money. My wife approved the Sabco system, but in the long run, I'm glad I saved a bit, and went with Beer, Beer, and More Beer. Their customer service has been good, and no problems so far, and I saved a couple grand. Its a HERMS system instead of a RIMS, but so what??

It makes great beer, and my friends can't wait to come over and taste the latest wares.

If you are thinking of buying a professionally made system, Sabco is the cadillac. IF you aren't willing to cough up that much dough, then check out Beer, Beer, and More Beer.

I'm more than happy with mine. It fits my needs, my brewing style, and my personality. :mug:

Biermann said:
I use one of the B3 systems. . . I am more than satisfied for the money. My wife approved the Sabco system, but in the long run, I'm glad I saved a bit, and went with Beer, Beer, and More Beer. Their customer service has been good, and no problems so far, and I saved a couple grand. Its a HERMS system instead of a RIMS, but so what??

It makes great beer, and my friends can't wait to come over and taste the latest wares.

If you are thinking of buying a professionally made system, Sabco is the cadillac. IF you aren't willing to cough up that much dough, then check out Beer, Beer, and More Beer.

I'm more than happy with mine. It fits my needs, my brewing style, and my personality. :mug:

More Beer has so many options, it's hard to decide what is really helpful and what is not. How did you configure yours?

3548-DoughinwithBrewapprentice.JPG

Here's mine. Its a 10 gallon system. I have the HERMS option, upgraded disconnects, false bottom in the boil kettle with boil diverter. I left out the computerized controls... couldn't justify the costs, but you can easily add automated pump/sparge controls if you wish.

Sabco has a rims system (not Brewmagic) very similar to that setup for about 2g,s delivered. Are you familiar with that. How does it compare to what you got? It is basically the Brewmagic without the stand and controller for 1500 bucks less.

Biermann said:
3548-DoughinwithBrewapprentice.JPG

Here's mine. Its a 10 gallon system. I have the HERMS option, upgraded disconnects, false bottom in the boil kettle with boil diverter. I left out the computerized controls... couldn't justify the costs, but you can easily add automated pump/sparge controls if you wish.
How much was the "kid" option?? :cross: ;)

I'm still paying for the "beer gnome" option. It came with a warning that payments may continue well past 20 years, and may be associated with intermittent episodes of extreme joy mixed with extreme frustration.

All in all, though, it was a pretty good option. :D :cross:

Back