Hoppiness is where the heart is

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clearcut23

Reaction score
Best damn IIPA I've ever made. Going to be one of my house brews as soon as I get going again

image-733392374.jpg

Hops have a high AA around 16% or so. I picked them up from a farm in Yakima last year. The only way I can describe them is they work well for Bittering. Maybe a little too well. But thy are AWESOME for dry hopping.

Hops have a high AA around 16% or so. I picked them up from a farm in Yakima last year. The only way I can describe them is they work well for Bittering. Maybe a little too well. But thy are AWESOME for dry hopping.

Any notes on the aroma or flavor? I assume since they're from Yakima that they have a citrus character of some sort...

I'm always open to new hop varieties!

Do you use software to determine efficiency? I don't use any of that stuff. But that's the reading I get after correcting for temperate. I tried using Qbrew but lost interest in it. I use a mash and sparge app on my phone now. I used to just eyeball my water doing BIAB

Tiber_Brew said:
Any notes on the aroma or flavor? I assume since they're from Yakima that they have a citrus character of some sort...

I'm always open to new hop varieties!

Kind of herbal. A little citrusy but not too much. I opened a growler of the IPA I had dry hopped with Zeus and poured a glass in my busts kitchen. He walked into the kitchen and said the aroma hit him in the face and smelled wonderful. This is a beer where I drink one and the wife thinks I've had 5-6 because that's all the can smell. I tried explaining to her what hops do and how awesome they are but she thought I was drunk and paid no attention.

Back