Where do I get Co2 tank refilled or swaped?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikko2000

Reaction score
Hello,
I Live in Addison IL, 60101. Does anyone know a reasonably priced place to get C02 to fill my homebrew keg?? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'd call these local businesses:

[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=welding+supply+60101&fb=1&gl=us&hq=welding+supply&hnear=60101&view=text&ei=0ZjMS-7IK8H88AagteX7Bg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQtQMwAA[/ame]

Also, I got my old steel 20# tank swapped at home depot for a new looking aluminum one for $23. Not a bad trade off in my opinion!

Swap mine at local tool rental joint. Around $20 for my 20 pound tank.
Also, call your local paint ball store, they might do re-fills.
Welding supply stores, too.

Am I getting hosed on $17 5# exchanges?

I think so, but that might be all that's available around you. In that case, you might want to look into getting a larger tank and filling your own 5# tanks if you can't just use the larger tank directly. I know there's info on how to do that around here somewhere.

Keep looking locally for a place that'll do fills instead of exchanges. I get fills around here for $0.75/lb. + about $0.50 hazmat charge (so < $5 total). At another place in town, an exchange on the same 5# tank would be about what you're paying.

I think so, but that might be all that's available around you. In that case, you might want to look into getting a larger tank and filling your own 5# tanks if you can't just use the larger tank directly. I know there's info on how to do that around here somewhere.

Keep looking locally for a place that'll do fills instead of exchanges. I get fills around here for $0.75/lb. + about $0.50 hazmat charge (so < $5 total). At another place in town, an exchange on the same 5# tank would be about what you're paying.

it depends on your locale..... around here, i can swap a 5lb tank for about $12 total including tax. what sucks is that a 20lb tank is $18 including tax :(

it depends on your locale..... around here, i can swap a 5lb tank for about $12 total including tax. what sucks is that a 20lb tank is $18 including tax :(

I am up here in Canada, just got my C02 tank filled for $40!!! So consider yourselves lucky!

I as well had to do some searching, the first place wanted a $58 per year tank rental plus $40 fill and they would not take my old tank, the fire and safety store swapped my old tank for $60, would have been $40 but my tank was expired and needed to be retested. I kegged my very first beer today! I hope it it was all worth it! Why have I been bottling all this time?

I paid just under 12 for a 20# the other day. I usually pay 12.99, but I think they give me a break since I go there every other week

Back