help ease my mind

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdent

Reaction score
I have a Pilsner Urquell clone that I have been lagering since Oct.
My basement has been at around 45 degrees for the last 3 weeks so there has been no activity in the carboy.

I brought the carboy up stairs 2 nights ago so that I could warm it up and trasfter to the botteling ale pale and there is now a larer of foaming (like a head) that is about 3/4 an inch high.

Is this because the beer yeast has warmed up and is now a little active.
Would it be ok to bottle like this still?
Shoudl I worry about putting less priming sugar in there since it may be active?

What is the air speed velocity of an un laden swallow.

Thanks in advance

Im confused? Did you put Priming sugar in before you Lagered? also did you wait to lager until after you secondaried? I think that the foam is from Splashing it around while bringing it up stairs.

Sorry for the confusion.
I have nto added any priming yet.

It is not from splashing around the head or foam did not show up until the next day (when the beer got warmer)

I have transfered from Primary to Secondary a couple months ago and it has been in the secondary since then.

and MATT "well I don't know that,,,,,,aaaaaah"

Bring out your Dead,

has the gravity changed? it should have been done in primary, then racked to secondary just to age, not to ferment any further.

In order to be of any help, we need a little bit more information.

What was the sg when you racked it to secondary, and what is the sg now?

What was the original temperature you fermented at, the secondary temperature, and then the lagering temperature?

I wouldn't bottle it yet- not until you know that it's 100% done fermenting!

Back