What are you waiting for?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davefleck

Reaction score
The one thing that bugs me about brewing with bugs is the required patience. Soooo many months I've peered into the glowing red carboy waiting for it to mature. I used wyeast's lambic blend 3278. It's been a year now and hoping to hold off another year. The curiosity of it's taste tests my patience.

I have my only attempt at a sour going right now. I planned to bottle around november (11 months) drink one or two and set the rest away. However, it seems that I may be moving to a different state at an undetermined date anytime between then and now so when it gets bottled is kind of a toss up. Although I wish I could wait the amount of time originally intended, I am very excited to try one! I still have done no taste tests but the smell... oh the smell is DELICIOUS!

Belgian Strong Dark. Been in bottles for about 5 months. Tried one about 2 months ago and it was still relativity flat, harsh and boozy :drunk:

The one thing that bugs me about brewing with bugs is the required patience. Soooo many months I've peered into the glowing red carboy waiting for it to mature. I used wyeast's lambic blend 3278. It's been a year now and hoping to hold off another year. The curiosity of it's taste tests my patience.

Brew more sours :) Patience can be tempered by having multiple batches aging on a staggered timeframe

dcHokie said:
Brew more sours :) Patience can be tempered by having multiple batches aging on a staggered timeframe

THIS. It's how I get through the waiting. I have three lambics and various sours going now.

I have three going right now. The oldest being almost nine months in. The other two I think are 4 and 5 months old. They are all in carboys and I slide the box back over them to keep light out and keep my eyes off them. They are wedged in a sort of nook in the hallway. I walk by them everyday but since it's just brown boxes, it makes it easy not to mess with them.

Makes it easier to ignore when you have a wheat in the bath tub, a saison ready to bottle, astout getting ready to be fired up this weekend and a Pale Ale ready to drink.

Distractionary tactics.

Yep, it's definitely easy to be patient when you have a good pipeline going. Sometimes, I have to invite friends over to help me finish some beer so I have a free keg to put a new brew in. Wish I had the money and space to have enough extras on hand but I'm making it work. Besides, what in life is not worth paitence? Pretend your beer is a kid and it'll teach you patience.:)

2nd Tripel bottled in December. Had a couple, but am holding out till the fall colors fly.
RIS in secondary. Brewed in April, waiting to be bottled until Thanksgiving
Rhubarb wine in carboys. Started in May, won't be bottled until Easter or so.

Back