Chest freezer crapped out.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoolyBooger

Reaction score
My chest freezer ferm chamber stopped cooling the other day. I bought the freezer new in August and put a Johnson temp control on it. I usually keep it in the upper 50s-low 60s depending upon what I'm brewing. It is probably just a fluke, but that wouldn't cause undue stress on the freezer would it?

how often was it cycling on and off? Still seems a bit early even under heavy use.

ilikeguns said:
how often was it cycling on and off? Still seems a bit early even under heavy use.

I'd say its early! I've only had it for 6 months. It didn't seem to cycle much more frequently than my other deep freeze (that I actually use as a freezer). The service tech came and said it is low on freon and it must be leaking. I don't think my temp controller could have caused that. Just a bum freezer I guess. It's under warranty, so I'm getting a replacement tomorrow.

Well at least you are covered. I was going to say that was way too early. Have a craigslist find that I have been using for a year and a half and I bought it from a little old lady who had it for years. I am sure your new one will last a lot longer.

Back