Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tapping in CT - Dec 20, 22 & 29

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrightbrew

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to attend Beer Camp at the Sierra Nevada Brewery in Chico, CA where we got to brew on the SN pilot system. The beer, an Imperial Red with Wet Hops and a touch of citrus wood and Nelson Sauvin hops, will be tapped at 3 Connecticut Plan B Burger Bar locations:

12/20 - Glastonbury 120 Hebron Avenue, Glastonbury, CT 06033
12/22 - West Hartford 138 Park Road, West Hartford, CT 06119
12/29 - Simsbury 4 Railroad Street, Simsbury, CT 06070

All events begin at 7pm although you may want to come early to stake your claim on some premium bar real-estate; not to mention enjoy some amazing food. Take a peek at their delicious menu (I strongly recommend the Blue Chips).

For more information check out: http://wrightsite.com/beer

Cheers!

I guess I'd have to brag about this too but... what a bragger.

Sorry about that. I didn't mean it to come across like bragging. The contest just started up a few years ago so I think my chances were vastly improved by the lack of awareness; which is part of the reason I am mentioning it here. Most people I talk to, even in the homebrew community, have not heard of Sierra Nevada Beer Camp.

I strongly encourage you to enter next year if you are interested.

Make no mistake: I count myself very fortunate to be selected and I view it as a generous gift, not something I earned. My goals in mentioning it here were to (1) notify local homebrewers about a chance to try a unique recipe with a local connection and (2) to raise awareness about Beer Camp. SN wants more people enter the contest and to spread the word about all the things they are doing that makes the company so special.

Ultimately, it's about the beer. It's not about me and I do apologize if it came across that way.

I didn't see the OP as bragging at all. This is a cool post for people in the area. :cheers:

Just messin with you. It is cool. Thanks for sharing. Now I know there is a beer camp at Sierra Nevada brewery. I need to find out how to get in

Back