Discovery Channel Brewing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julohan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw a quick commercial. Tomorrow at 8pm, on The Discovery Channel, A new show called Factory Made, will be showing the brewing process. Jim Koch will be in it, maybe the main guest on it. I don't know much about it.

Anyone end up watching it? I got off work early and was able to. Pretty lame. I was expecting a whole show on it. It couldn't had been much more than 5 minutes.

I was strongly mislead by the ads for this. Factory Made is similar to the show How It's Made, in that they spend 5 - 10 minutes on a topic, with multiple topics per show.

They showed Sam Adam's Boston Lager being made using a decoction mash, etc. Nothing earth shattering and there were a couple eye-rolling moments. One thing I found interesting was the consistency of the spent grain at the end. It looked incredibly dense, their crush must be insane.

I watched thanks to your heads up. Thanks. It was rather lame but so is 99.9999% of all television. It's always cool to see something on brewing so I liked it but too bad it wasn't a full show with some details.

Back