McEwans clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonj

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have a clone for any mcEwans beers? i've got three books at home and none of them contain any clones for McEwans. In particular i'm after 70/- or 80/- or Champion Ale.

I'm sure I could post some here in return (if it's allowed!)...

thanks guys!

simonj :mug:

simonj said:
Hi, does anyone have a clone for any mcEwans beers?
There a recipe here for McEwans #1 Champion...the search button would have led you it. ;)

Above is the extract version...holler if you need the AG. Also, I've got another Wee Heavy recipe that is a dead-on clone for McEwans Scotch Ale (the version that gets exported to the US). The extract version of that recipe is here somewhere too, and I just finished doing the AG version so shout if you want it.

I've not seen a recipe for McEwans IPA anywhere, but I'd sure love to have one.

El Pistolero said:
There a recipe here for McEwans #1 Champion...the search button would have led you it. ;)

Above is the extract version...holler if you need the AG. Also, I've got another Wee Heavy recipe that is a dead-on clone for McEwans Scotch Ale (the version that gets exported to the US). The extract version of that recipe is here somewhere too, and I just finished doing the AG version so shout if you want it.

I'd like to have that AG recipe. Plz

mysterio said:
I guess McEwans must export most of their beer, 'cause nobody drinks it in Scotland.
I guess you guys are too busy drinking Budweiser? :confused:

Seriously tho...what are you drinking in Scotland, if not McEwans? Belhaven?

Tennants, Deuchers IPA & Belhaven are all fairly popular for Scottish beers. I suppose we (I) mostly drink European beers though. Guinness is obviously popular too, there's a tap in every pub.

El Pistolero said:

Hey Pistol, I'd like to see that wee heavy recipe if you still have it. I know this is kinda an old thread, but I'm hopin' the AG version is still around............Thanks in advance!:mug:

mysterio said:
Tennants, Deuchers IPA & Belhaven are all fairly popular for Scottish beers. I suppose we (I) mostly drink European beers though. Guinness is obviously popular too, there's a tap in every pub.
Tennants is pretty good stuff, that's what we drank when I was over there.

Hey Pistolero, if you're still willing to share your McEwan's scotch ale wee heavy recipe (AG) I'd sure like to have it.
Regards, GF.

McEwan's Wee Heavy Scotch Ale used to be a favorite of mine, but now I consider it boringly one dimensional.

Back