Group buy in Chicago?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice meeting you, too, Bill. Sorry we didn't have more time to talk brewing. Hope you enjoy the samples. Sticke Alt placed 3rd in Cat 23 in the HBT competition finals & Blueberry Porter won the Drunk Monk Challenge for Cat 21. If you have any questions about any of the beers, please feel free to ping me with a PM.

:mug:

Randar said:
Nice meeting you, too, Bill. Sorry we didn't have more time to talk brewing. Hope you enjoy the samples. Sticke Alt placed 3rd in Cat 23 in the HBT competition finals & Blueberry Porter won the Drunk Monk Challenge for Cat 21. If you have any questions about any of the beers, please feel free to ping me with a PM.

:mug:

Thank you. I'll crack some of those open this weekend.

Yeah thanks again bmason for making this way smoother than I could have anticipated and completely stress-free for me. I also wish we had a little more time to talk brewing as I really love to chat about my obsessions especially with those who share them.

I may end up seeing one or more of you at local brew clubs as I ramp up the all-grain brewing, and bmason I should definitely have something worthwhile to bring you for your troubles if we go through this again (which I anticipate we will).

I didn't get in on the last one. I'd like to get some 2 row and Munich at the next buy.

How's everyone doing on grain? I should have bought a full bag of Vienna malt...
How much do you need? I can give ya a few lb's to hold you over. let me know next time you are at your moms.

as for a GB...I need another 2 months :)

How much do you need? I can give ya a few lb's to hold you over. let me know next time you are at your moms.

I'd be interested in taking part a few months from now. I still have a lot of grain from another bulk buy that took place right before this one got set up, but I'm brewing for my wedding in September and will need to restock.

Rich, thanks for the offer. If I do run out out before the next buy (whenever that may be) I'll take you up on your offer.

Does anyone need wheat malt. I bought way too much wheat thinking I was going to be brewing a lot wheat beers. Truth be told, my wheat beers leave a lot to be desired so I've been using a lot of 2-row and Vienna; Pilsner to a lesser extent. Maybe we can trade some wheat for some other grains (besides wheat) that people may have an excess of. Let me know.

bmason1623 said:
Try logging in with your information. I'm pretty sure I added you.

Hmm. Just tried to login and when I enter address and password it just returns to login screen. I'm on an iPhone (in case that matters). Thanks.

I won't be running one until March probably.

Will you be using the same ordering system as last time? It seemed to work really well on the user end, I don't know how well it went for you and neopol to organize the whole thing...

Also, will there be a new thread started when it ramps up?

The database that was used last time will be used again. Ghoti is putting some additional features to it to help the buy mainly on the back end for the admins who run the buy. He should be done within a couple of weeks then a new buy will be started. I will post a link for the new buy in all of the previous group buy links. Just subscribe to anyone and you should get the notice. Hopefully by the second week of February we will start one.

We will be starting Chicago Group Buy #7 by the end of this week or the beginning of next.

Back