What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A half-liter of Beck's. It was all the deli where I got my lunch had, other than Bud. Not sure it was a great improvement. I hadn't had Beck's for quite a few years. Has it gotten worse than it used to be?

OldBunny said:
A half-liter of Beck's. It was all the deli where I got my lunch had, other than Bud. Not sure it was a great improvement. I hadn't had Beck's for quite a few years. Has it gotten worse than it used to be?

Yes, there was a whole article on that. InBev brews it in the US now, it's no longer a German beer.

Where did you have it on draft? Was it a tap takeover? Did you get your XVI yet?

It was at the Whole Foods in Santa Rosa. Not a tap takeover or anything, just one of the beers they had while I was in the area a while back.

I haven't picked up any XVI yet. In fact, I didn't realize they had released it. I guess I am going to have to try and remember to get some later this week, if it's still around.

weirdboy said:
It was at the Whole Foods in Santa Rosa.

The beer selection in that particular store is literally stunning. I've never before had the problem of being faced with so many choices I didn't know what to buy.

Obese tire American amber. My take on a fat tire clone. I'm pleased with how it turned out.

image-3646248800.jpg

My Coronado Imperial Red--green as hell and I already love it. Brewed w/ Golden Promise--what a beautiful base malt! And subbed Motueka for Amarillo at 10/0 minutes--a great spicy complexity to the citrus/dank hops in the rest of the boil :)

Came home with a couple Darkness in hand (it hit stores today) and found two boxes on my step. One of them from NukeBrewer! Thanks bud, look forward to getting into all of these soon.

HPIM1331.jpg

HPIM1332.jpg
Drinking this gem of an IPA from the other trade made over on BeerForum.

The beer selection in that particular store is literally stunning. I've never before had the problem of being faced with so many choices I didn't know what to buy.

The Madison, WI, store is also quite a sight to see. I've seen more products from Belgium on one shelf than I had anywhere else in the US, since the Belgians don't really export anything else. It's also a pain to get to, if you don't live in Madison, which I don't, and it's a bit expensive for beer.

That said, although I am about to crack open a homebrew, I'm probably going to have to pick up something to accommodate the crippling lack of bottles that I'm going to face within the next two weeks.

Clown Shoes Hoppy Feet

image-2713204628.jpg

I'm very disappointed in this bottle. It still tastes good, well good enough to not pour down the drain, but I'm sure nowhere near what the brewers intended. After I poured it from the bottle I took a big whiff and there was little to no hop aroma. Took a drink and little hop flavor and all bitterness. So I examine the bottle and find the bottle date is 8/11. I'm assuming that's a little old to expect the fresh hop character to still be there. Maybe someone who has had this before can chime in. I'm thinking about taking the bottle back to where I bought it and ask why they have such old stock.

Clown Shoes Hoppy Feet

View attachment 82615

I'm very disappointed in this bottle. It still tastes good, but I'm sure nowhere near what the brewers intended. After I poured it from the bottle I took a big whiff and there was little to no hop aroma. Took a drink and little hop flavor and all bitterness. So I examine the bottle and find the bottle date is 8/11. I'm assuming that's a little old to expect the fresh hop character to still be there. Maybe someone who has had this before can chime in. I'm thinking about taking the bottle back to where I bought it and ask why they have such old stock.

Definitely try a fresh one, I'm guessing it wouldn't be good after a year+. I've had fresh bottles and while it's not the hoppiest CDA out there, it's got some good hops character. Sucks that your first bottle was old, if it were me, I'd let the shop where you bought it know they're selling old/faded beer. :mug:

I'm having a Belgo (yeah, BB, I'm sold) with some fish 'n' chips. Yum. :rockin:

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Definitely try a fresh one, I'm guessing it wouldn't be good after a year+. I've had fresh bottles and while it's not the hoppiest CDA out there, it's got some good hops character. Sucks that your first bottle was old, if it were me, I'd let the shop where you bought it know they're selling old/faded beer. :mug:

I knew it had to be the age of the bottle. I will definitely hunt down a fresher bottle now that I know there's a bottling date on their label.

Seconded. I just had one the other night and I thought it was really good.

NordeastBrewer77 said:

It's really good fresh! The Simcoe plays well with the yeast character. I may have one in a minute.

Sampling Victory Brewing Company tonight. A real pleasure! Headwater PA, Hop Devil ale, and Imperial Stout.

Having a glass of my homebrewed celebration ale clone!

image-292378548.jpg

Not quite done carbonating but had to give it a try. Pretty happy with how it came out!

It's really good fresh! The Simcoe plays well with the yeast character. I may have one in a minute.

I know, it's like pineapple bubble gum. I still like Tramp Stamp better, the hops and yeast both pop more on that one, but Belgo is stellar and it's far easier for me to come home with a Folly Pack to share than a few bombers of things only I like. :D

HPIM1333.jpg
Probably my favorite of the Summit regulars.

bottlebomber said:
Wow you actually brew? ;)
LoL
I didn't say it was my homebrew.
Actually I find the time to brew at least once a month. Wish I could brew more, but responsibilities, family, you know. I think this Hazelnut Brown Ale is one of the best I've made so far. Once my Black IPA is carbed up, it may take its spot. The sample at bottling was great.

Did not think I was going to make it after the Storm King but....

Victory Hop Wallop

victory-taps.jpg

"And a prissy old-fashioned load of ****ing hopswallop they are." --Anthony Burgess, author of A Clockwork Orange

axacrusis said:
North and Western from Pipeworks. A dry hopped Saison. Awesome! Full of hop flavors and finished super dry. Pipeworks from Chicago pumping out excellent brews one after another.

Just finished off their Hyper Dog.. It has strong coffee notes. Another stellar beer from them in my opinion.

Chocolate spruce
Amber spruce
Pumpkin ale
Mack & jacks clone
House amber (extra hoppy)

These are all the beers I am drinking on.

Happy Hollidays all

A pint of my first gallon batch of cider. After all the gravity checks I ended up with 3 bombers and a test bottle so I know when it's time to pasteurize. It ended up at 6.3% I mixed in some brown sugar and molasses before I bottled it. I'm pretty happy with the results. It's not bad for juice, sugar, yeast, and a week in the fermenter.

image-129175670.jpg

image-1696328562.jpg

Back