• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Married white male looking for homebrew companions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewdouche-RuBrew

Reaction score
I need brew buddies.

That "find HBTers" thread is usless and darnit I need to hangout with folks who brew. If there is another thread or page that will help me please accept my apologies, and direct me there. The closest homebrew clubs are in Pittsburgh (1 hour drive).

Im surounded by friends & family who like to drink my craft, but 30 seconds after they ask me "how do you do that", and I tell them crystal malt this, cascade that, OG, FG, wort, yeast # bla bla bla they tilt there head and blankly smile.

I live in California, PA 15419. If you live within 20 miles of here PM me.

I need brew buddies.

That "find HBTers" thread is usless and darnit I need to hangout with folks who brew. If there is another thread or page that will help me please accept my apologies, and direct me there. The closest homebrew clubs are in Pittsburgh (1 hour drive).

Im surounded by friends & family who like to drink my craft, but 30 seconds after they ask me "how do you do that", and I tell them crystal malt this, cascade that, OG, FG, wort, yeast # bla bla bla they tilt there head and blankly smile.

At first glance I thought you spent your time both in CA and PA, but thats not the case. If you're ever in San Diego feel free to stop by QA my beer for me.

I need brew buddies.

My dad lives in "the state of" For that matter a Pm conversation I had with another HBTer made me think to do this. So next time i travel visiting homebrewers will be on my itinerary.

I repeat...This is not a bump.

I feel rediculas posting in my own thread.

But does anyone know of the simplist way to find other Homebrewers near you without taking out a billboard.

No www.southhillsbrewing.com is the closest, near Pittsburgh. Thats an hour drive.
There are 2 clubs, also in Pgh.
http://trashhomebrewers.org/ &
www.trubrewers.com

I'll guess I'll just have to take the time out from brewing and relaxing to network. I HATE the Task/Chore of networking,
I used to have to do it for buisness, and paintball back in the pump days, caving with local grottos and the NSS.
Despise it. I hate the structure, and varitable politics and back scrathing/Biting that goes with it.

I just want to meet some folks near me who brew.
-
-
-

I used to go to school at Cal U of PA, but I live in Pittsburgh now. If you want, I could send you a message next time that I'm planning to brew.

Go to a few meetings and find out who lives nearby. I can't think of a simpler method. Even if the meeting is an hour away (This a long drive?), there will be people who live between your place and the meeting location. The closest homebrewer I know of is 45 minutes away from my place, but I practically have to drive to my mailbox.

Well I'm not quite 20 miles but I STRONGLY recommend checking out the BUZZ Club in West Chester. A really great time with some fine folks.

Creepiest post ever. If I lived in Pa., I would move.:D ;)

If your that lonely, drive to Tennessee, i'll give you a beer.

Are there any brewpubs nearby? Stop in for dinner and some brew and chat up some of the bartenders there and you might run into one of the brewers.

There's a new brewpub in Manheim (not close to you, but close to me :D ) and the owner is a super nice guy and I can get a bit of a fix chatting with him about recipes and brewing in general. If you're ever in that area stop into JoBoys...good barbecue, good micros, great and friendly owners.

I kind of feel you otherwise though...my friends like beer but don't know much about making it. That's why I'm making my friend come up to help me brew the pumpkin stout that he wants so badly this weekend :mug:

I'd be your brewpartner, but I was really looking for a single black homebrewer
Haha, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the title of this thread.

I wonder if you have to be white, married, and christian to respond? (I'm all three, but dangit, live in the *other* California)

Whats creepy about this... We are all here simi-anonmously texting to each other ALOT everyday. I just want to...(Scary creepy)... communicate with another homebrewer in person, face to face.

Anyway I just entered my first homebrew compitition with the T.R.U.B. club and am going to make the 1 hour drive to Pittsburgh, for a couple of meetings.

I just taught my sister to make wine, and my hop grower to brew, so even if I cant find anyone local I'll just convert some family & friends with the gospel of homebrew.
I wonder if you have to be white, married, and christian to respond? (I'm all three, but dangit, live in the *other* California)
P.S. Personally I was hoping for an illegal hispanic muslim thanks for asking. I think the chemistry would be awesome.

freeky huh

epic-fail-candy-man-fail.jpg

I wish I had more friends that were homebrewers too so if your in the area, let me know, I will not have my van by then ;)

I need brew buddies.

I felt the same way, was wondering how to find a local that would enjoy discussing beer as well as drinking it. Don't think it's creepy at all. Managed to find a friend that is within 30 miles. Now we get together and open up a Dark Lord, Westy 12 or Pannepot and can have a mutual admiration for the craft of some breweries/monasteries. It's way more enjoyable than having someone without an educated palate turn their nose up at some of the best beers on the planet.

I felt the same way, was wondering how to find a local that would enjoy discussing beer as well as drinking it. Don't think it's creepy at all. Managed to find a friend that is within 30 miles. Now we get together and open up a Dark Lord, Westy 12 or Pannepot and can have a mutual admiration for the craft of some breweries/monasteries. It's way more enjoyable than having someone without an educated palate turn their nose up at some of the best beers on the planet.
Taught him to weld, too. (Poorly)

WARNING BIG LONG POST WITH COMPLETE THOUGHTS AND OK GRAMMER!

i'm sorry, but can someone tell me why this thread is in the for sale section?
This is my thread so I will explain. I joined this forum to learn and share with homebrewers because after two years of local networking all I found were old guys who secretly make wine & my father in-law who brewed with his grandfather, and did kit&kilo for 15 years. I joked in my head about running a newspaper ad, and THIS is my version of thinking better of it.
I felt the same way, was wondering how to find a local that would enjoy discussing beer as well as drinking it. Don't think it's creepy at all. Managed to find a friend that is within 30 miles. Now we get together and open up a ......
Thanks Ricand you seem to understand my sensible "Bat Signal" in this unorthodox aproach.
P.S. I ordered cut vinyle stencils to etch my glass.GREAT IDEA LINK
Taught him to weld, too. (Poorly)
Exactly. Like meeting a neiboor you like.

Anyone who lives near
California,
Pennsylvania

Please PM me. --------------------------DON'T CLICK HERE----------------------

Ru-Brew thanks for your PM.

I wasn't bashing you for your thread. I'm always trying to network with fellow brewers as well. I just thought it odd that no tangible merchandise was being sold. We have the "Events and Gatherings" forum, but maybe regional sub-forums would be helpful.

I finally met a local Homebrewer today...

He's a dick:(

While trying to talking to him he proceeded to tell me why everything I did was wrong, and I mean anything. When I asked him queastions about particulars like, what styles he had brewed, or what grains, and finings he used for his recipes he acted like it was a secret shhh... When I asked him what books, authors, and sources he used he was vague and ambiguous. We talked about the HB clubs in Pittsburgh, he goes. I havn't yet. So I asked him what he learned there, and what they were like..... He's a Dick:mad:

Oh we'll (pop) I guess I'll relax and have a homebrew.

Anyone who lives near
California,
Pennsylvania

isn't there anybody that would like to adopt this poor lost puppy? anybody? come on, even the ugly ones need a home and love too :p I'd say let's kick it and have a beer, but I'm sort of in the pacific northwest and you live clear across the country. if I ever make it out that way though I'll make sure to hit you up. and I apologize up front, I can't resist a chance to be a smart @$$ is california in the middle of nowhere or something out there in PA?

I finally met a local Homebrewer today...

He's a dick:(

While trying to talking to him he proceeded to tell me why everything I did was wrong, and I mean anything. When I asked him queastions about particulars like, what styles he had brewed, or what grains, and finings he used for his recipes he acted like it was a secret shhh... When I asked him what books, authors, and sources he used he was vague and ambiguous. We talked about the HB clubs in Pittsburgh, he goes. I havn't yet. So I asked him what he learned there, and what they were like..... He's a Dick:mad:

Oh we'll (pop) I guess I'll relax and have a homebrew.

Anyone who lives near
California,
Pennsylvania

I understand the desire to meet up with fellow brewers but knowing in advance you are going to trash them online seems to be a deal killer.

Bump to page all California, PA area brewers!

me13.jpg

(This is not my image, nor did I edit it in any way. In fact fair play to the OP for posting it up!)

I'm a little out of your range, but if I ever get the chance I would like to stop by and maybe kick you in the jimmy. I know it's not brewing together but I bet everybody else here would enjoy it.... I would say maybe when you get up from your cramping pain I could give you a fake hug but that's just creepy....

how is this thread still alive? it's been active for weeks now! poor guy just needed some friends to make beer with . . .

I understand the desire to meet up with fellow brewers but knowing in advance you are going to trash them online seems to be a deal killer.
Its a test.

Actually I knew he was a homebrewer for about 1 1/2 years, but I knew he was hard to get along with before that, because my wife and here friends have known him for decades. So I avoided him. We were forced to be in the same place at the same time, and, well what else are we gonna talk about.

I hope you are all having fun with this. I have intended for this to be self deprecating humor (hence the classified), as much as I would have hoped to meet some folks without driving into Pittsburgh. I really dont need validation from you brewdouche's, but those of you who get the joke and see my point I raise a glass and wish you good brewing.

Back