Cornie Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CivEngPE

Reaction score
Ok, I have just ordered my first two cornies to start kegging. I was wondering if it would be ok if I stored full cornies on their sides in the fridge? If so, what would happen if I pressured them to 30 PSI with CO2 first?

if it is just for storage, they should be fine, just make sure you don't have any leaks, or you will have 5 gallons to clean up in the fridge...

if you plan on carbonating while they are on their side, i would highly recommend getting inline check valves for the gas line, as it is easy for beer to back up in to the line and possibly destroy your regulator.

I was planning on putting 30 PSI on the cornie, removing the co2 line then placing them in the fridge on their sides.

CivEngPE said:
Ok, I have just ordered my first two cornies to start kegging. I was wondering if it would be ok if I stored full cornies on their sides in the fridge? If so, what would happen if I pressured them to 30 PSI with CO2 first?

where did you buy from? how much did it set you back?

Back