O-rings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ModlrMike

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the O-rings in my 3 corny kegs, and rather than go with an online site, I though I could do the job myself. Has anyone had success finding the required O-rings at Home Depot or similar stores? The online kits are a good price, but at almost $14 to deliver $8 worth of product... I won't be shopping UPS any time soon.

You want to go hardcore for cheap?. Oringsandmore.com has silicone for cheaper than anywhere else. You need #109, 111, and 417 (lid). You don't need silicone, but it stays nice and soft in the cold.

ModlrMike said:
I'm looking to replace the O-rings in my 3 corny kegs, and rather than go with an online site, I though I could do the job myself. Has anyone had success finding the required O-rings at Home Depot or similar stores? The online kits are a good price, but at almost $14 to deliver $8 worth of product... I won't be shopping UPS any time soon.

I haven't seen them at Depot, but I have seen that you can order them pretty cheaply from McMaster. Here's a link from the BrewBoard with part numbers:

http://www.brewboard.com/index.php?showtopic=34669

Thanks for the replies, guys. There's a supplier here in town that carries just about everything. I'll run over there tomorrow and see if they have these. If not, I may have to bite the bullet and order online.

The dip tub and the post o-rings can be found at most hardware stores. The large one for the cover is the hard one to find and will most likely need to be ordered on-line.

Back