Syracuse, ny - round 8 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone for buffalo going for the Syracuse pick up maybe we could coordinate something let me know if anyone is interested.

Abrew2u,

I can drive out that day. Mjmap52 is also in WNY so I can get his as well. Just add your names on the the pick up group list section of the spread sheet. Email me at [email protected] and we can discuss splitting the gas or something.

T-boone

I am in Watertown, looks like everyone else is coming from the south, east or west.

Anyone for buffalo going for the Syracuse pick up maybe we could coordinate something let me know if anyone is interested.

I know t-booneyay said he was interested and willing to drive. Is that offer still open? You will be compensated!:mug:

If not, I'm more than willing to drive!

If you guys need to move order selections around (for full bags only) you guys are welcome to before I lock the sheet tonight at 10 PM. Just make sure your item total doesn't change overall.

Also CLOSE THOSE OPEN HOP SPLITS =) pleaaaaaaseeee =)

I know t-booneyay said he was interested and willing to drive. Is that offer still open? You will be compensated!:mug:

If not, I'm more than willing to drive!

Yes, the offer is still on the table. I just need to check with the wife to make sure nothing is going on that day. I am sure it will be fine. Just send me a pm to my email- [email protected] and we can make all of the arrangements.

Abrew2u,

I can drive out that day. Mjmap52 is also in WNY so I can get his as well. Just add your names on the the pick up group list section of the spread sheet. Email me at [email protected] and we can discuss splitting the gas or something.

T-boone

I added myself to that list, thank you for driving! :ban:

I figure we can figure out a little closer to the actual pickup date.

Updates to my order:
1. Added 1# Willamette to close out the split.
2. Changed my order (full sacks) from 5 sacks CM-2ROW and 2 sacks BZ-PILS (7 sacks) to:
- 1 sack CM-2ROW
- 2 sacks BZ-PILS
- 2 sacks BD-MOPA
- 1 sack CM-WHET
- 1 sack TF-GPRM
(7 sacks)
If we have weight problems, I'd be OK with removing one of the BD-MOPA's or the TF-GPRM as I have both MO and a full sack of Golden Promise at home. Or, if anyone has some ideas for something I'm missing (and need to try a sack of), I'm game. For reference, I already have plenty of 2-row, some Munich I, Vienna, Optic, Spelt, Flaked Corn and Rice and Wheat, Munich I and Dark Munich, Aromatic, Rye, Smoked, CW-15, 40, 60, 120, 150, chocolate, carapils and chit, honey malt (excellent by the way in small quantities) and probably a couple I'm forgetting.

I also increased my Aramis hop order from 1# to 2# in hopes to have someone else close it out so I can try it...but 2# is my limit on it.

Updates to my order:
1. Added 1# Willamette to close out the split.
2. Changed my order (full sacks) from 5 sacks CM-2ROW and 2 sacks BZ-PILS (7 sacks) to:
- 1 sack CM-2ROW
- 2 sacks BZ-PILS
- 2 sacks BD-MOPA
- 1 sack CM-WHET
- 1 sack TF-GPRM
(7 sacks)
If we have weight problems, I'd be OK with removing one of the BD-MOPA's or the TF-GPRM as I have both MO and a full sack of Golden Promise at home. Or, if anyone has some ideas for something I'm missing (and need to try a sack of), I'm game. For reference, I already have plenty of 2-row, some Munich I, Vienna, Optic, Spelt, Flaked Corn and Rice and Wheat, Munich I and Dark Munich, Aromatic, Rye, Smoked, CW-15, 40, 60, 120, 150, chocolate, carapils and chit, honey malt (excellent by the way in small quantities) and probably a couple I'm forgetting.

I also increased my Aramis hop order from 1# to 2# in hopes to have someone else close it out so I can try it...but 2# is my limit on it.

Closed out Aramis for ya!

Wow, I have been checking in waiting for the group buy to start so I could jump in on it, and the one week I go on vacation it opens.

I sent a request to join the google doc, and I probably wont make the deadline (in 5 minutes)

I was hoping to get:
2 sacs of 2 row
1 sac of marris otter

If there is anyway I can get in on it, I would greatly appreciate it, just made the move to all grain and have been holding off on buying untill this group buy went live.

*i guess I missed out, damn

Wow, I have been checking in waiting for the group buy to start so I could jump in on it, and the one week I go on vacation it opens.

I sent a request to join the google doc, and I probably wont make the deadline (in 5 minutes)

I was hoping to get:
2 sacs of 2 row
1 sac of marris otter

If there is anyway I can get in on it, I would greatly appreciate it, just made the move to all grain and have been holding off on buying untill this group buy went live.

*i guess I missed out, damn

I'm sorry. The buy is completely full for this round. It actually filled up yesterday, we were just trying to fill in the hop splits at the last minute.

ROUND 8 BUY IS CLOSED - SHEET IS LOCKED
Email me or PM me if you need anything changed on the sheet.

Tettnang was removed since the split did not close and was 5 lbs from closing.

DEPOSITS POSTED!

See post #2 for latest totals.

Certified check or money order is preferred. Personal check is acceptable but not desired. If you must pay with personal check, please send out ASAP due to processing on our end.

Deposits MUST be in Cidah's (Keith) mailbox by 9/19 or you will forfeit your right to participate in any future buys. We arent trying to be jerks, just trying to keep the buy fun for us and smooth to run. I will be emailing everyone his address and full details tonight.

Pickup will be in Syracuse on 9/29 from 10AM - NOON. Please try your best to either 1) meet this pickup date, 2) send someone in your place, 3) have another buyer pick up for you. We can accommodate other options but only for special cases. We must have all grain out of the pickup location by 9/29 or else we could lose our delivery location for future buys.

Please POST or PM CidahMastah when you have sent your check so we know its on its way. This will also help you since we won't bug you for money =)

Once the order is placed, we will get a full receipt with actuals. We will post those totals for each person with how much we owe back. At that time Cidah can paypal you, or write you a check for the difference. Some people in the past have donated the difference to the coordinators as well for putting this together.

Deposit info email sent to everyone who is registered on the buy sheet. If you didnt get it please PM me and I will copy you the details.

It was tough but I had to sit out this one and watch. We are in the middle of buying a new house (we hope) and I have been focusing my energy towards that. It was great seeing this close out so fast! Great job guys!!

I'll have a certified check in the mail on Friday. Wasn't expecting this to go so fast!

Also, thank you whoever closed out the Amaris hops! :ban:

Certified check will be in the mail Friday.

Awesome job! This is by far the best planned and organized Syr group buy yet. Hopefully we will be doing this again next spring. :mug:

Payment sent (money order) in the mail today. Cidah/Jeff, I'm not in post #2, I used the $318 figure in the spreadsheet...hope it is correct. If not, please let me know.

Payment sent (money order) in the mail today. Cidah/Jeff, I'm not in post #2, I used the $318 figure in the spreadsheet...hope it is correct. If not, please let me know.

Actually, my bad, you are on post 2. I renamed you CR1997. My bad. Yeah the $318 is correct.

Just a heads up to newbies. Hops will be pre-split into 1 lb bags. We use ziplock bags, so you will have to vac seal or place them in airtight jars after you pick them up. Grain splits are also pre-split for pickup by us as well. Since these are half bag splits, one person will get the original bag half full while the other split will be placed in a contractors grade garbage bag and zip tied. All bags will be marked for pickup. Just pull up to the pick up location, load, and haul away. Super easy and super fast. Star san comes in 4 1-gallon bottles and are split that way. The CM-2ROW will remain on a single pallet, so after picking up your bags, you grab your number of CM-2ROW off the mega pallet of malt.

Easy and simple.

Thanks for the payment info guys! I will let you all know when I receive them by updating post#2

Please let me know when you sent your payment

1. This helps me know who has sent the payments in

2. Helps remind other people that they need to get their payments in as well

It is totally fine to simply post to this forum "payment sent!"

Thanks all

Also, is anyone interested in Simcoe hops?

I have a line in on some that are being sold for $24 a lb + shipping. I am not making any money off of this but we could get these in time for the group buy if people wanted them. I am not sure if I could get a discounted price if we bought a significant about. There may be up to 28lbs available (pellet, 2011 I think 13% AA, in food saver type bags frozen).

Shipped by flat rate box. medium box costs 11.35 and may hold 5 lbs. There is a large box for 15.45 that holds more but not sure on how many.

let me know interest ASAP if there is any.

Also, is anyone interested in Simcoe hops?

I have a line in on some that are being sold for $24 a lb + shipping. I am not making any money off of this but we could get these in time for the group buy if people wanted them. I am not sure if I could get a discounted price if we bought a significant about. There may be up to 28lbs available (pellet, 2011 I think 13% AA, in food saver type bags frozen).

Shipped by flat rate box. medium box costs 11.35 and may hold 5 lbs. There is a large box for 15.45 that holds more but not sure on how many.

let me know interest ASAP if there is any.

I'm in for a lb!

I mean I guess that's only 1.50 an ounce but when you are used to buying a pound for $8, it seems like a lot.

Yeah understandable, simcoe and citra, always impossible to find. Amarillo too.

Yeah the cost is good for the type of hop. I actually already bought a lb from this guy so I am all set for this type. Just letting you guys know I have personal experience with him. In the future he might be able to get a line in in quantity on other hop types. So I will let people know as he lets me know too.

Thanks Chrisp!

I received two checks today:
kzhusker - 116
bierhaus15 - 176

Thanks!!

I would take a pound of Simcoe. Let me know if you can get it for the drop off as I had to make some arrangements for someone to hold me stuff overnight. I will send payment with my bulk order for it.

Back