The beginning of Mr. Wobbly Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodle23

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm super pumped right now! Just finished getting my brew stand all together. I'm really, seriously, thinking about starting my own brewing co. I'm going to call it Mr. Wobbly Brewing Co. (see avatar to the left) Any way here are some pics of what is the beginning of Mr. Wobbly Brewing Co. currently located in the basement. I know its not the prettiest but thats why its the beginning.
Cheers guys.
5714-stand.jpg

5715-burners.jpg

5716-conical-fermentor.jpg

5717-dsc-0034.jpg

5718-dsc-0037.jpg

Good looking setup! Just make sure you keep a CO detector in the basement if you're gonna be brewing down there.

You should consider adding some diagonal lateral trusses to your setup. Then it won't be so wobbly and is less likely to fold over flat on you. The lateral perpendicular ones you have are only helping vertical buckling, but would not prevent the structure from collapsing off of vertical. Take a cue from bridge design.

800px-General_Hertzog_Bridge_over_Orange_River_at_Aliwal_North.jpg

You should consider adding some diagonal lateral trusses to your setup. Then it won't be so wobbly and is less likely to fold over flat on you. The lateral perpendicular ones you have are only helping vertical buckling, but would not prevent the structure from collapsing off of vertical. Take a cue from bridge design.
I will be doing this. Thanks for the tip.

From your pic looks more like Wobbly's wine
My dad and I work at the same winery here in the napa area so we get allocations every year so yes it is a lot of wine. There is a saying here in napa: "it takes a lot of beer to make good wine."

Back